Satan's On The Run

*Yes I know I forgot to update last week (Friday just randomly disappeared) so I updated twice today :)*

Chapter Three: Satan's On The Run

The next morning I head down to the information booth to sign up for the events Alyssa gave me. I grab my times, numbers and I pay them the fees plus the late fees before heading back up to the camp. The first day of the show is english with the second being western and the big finale on the third day. The third day is where trick riding, bull riding and hunting take place as they are the big events that bring in a lot of people. Plus the prizes are bigger.

I reach the camp to find Alyssa Reid waiting by the gate with her bedazzled phone in her hands and thumbs tapping away. I stride toward her and stop a few feet away from her. She glances up before turning back to her phone and tapping a bit more. Finally, she looks up again and smirks.

"I'm surprised you're awake, I guess you won't miss hunter jumping today." She says. "What horse will you be riding for that?" She asks.

"Celtic Claddaugh." I say as I turn and point to the strawberry roan, almost red chestnut, stallion. She snorts before stepping closer to the gate and looking him over closely.

"I guess he'll do for a mustang." She says. "Any other horses?" She asks. I turn and point to the grey stallion beside him.

"Trestar for eventing and Celtic again for hunting. What about you?" I ask her curiously.

"What about your western events?" She asks instead. I raise an eyebrow before looking back to my four horses.

"Trestar for cutting, Celtic for roping, Breeze for barrels and trick riding, and Stormy for pole bending." I tell her. "Now you." I say with a bit more force.

"You'll see." Her smirk causes my confidence to waver. "Tata for now." She blows me a kiss before strutting off. She is definitely up to something.

I head into the paddock and over to the small corral where I grab Celtic and lead him out. The large red mustang follows along with a snort until I tie him to a ring on the side of the trailer. He stands with one hoof cocked under the lean-to as I enter the tack room and grab his grooming kit and a stool.

"Can I help?" Skye asks as she pops up beside me. I point to his mane and she quickly grabs a comb and the braids. Together we shine Celtic up and tack him in my mother's old english set. I even polish his hooves.

"Alright, let's go get him warmed up!" Mikaela comes racing over as I slide the last tall boot onto my leg and zip it up.

"Okay, slow down." I chuckle as I stand up. A moan escapes me as I realize I've muscled up since the last time I wore these boots. "Remind me to buy a new set of tall boots when we're done." I mumble.

"Come on, get a move on!" Mikaela boosts me up into the saddle before leading Celtic over to the gate. We head down to the english side of the grounds and quickly spot the hunter ring. Ten jumps are set up in the ring and all are roughly four feet in height.

We head over to a grass area that has been designated as the warm up ring where two jumps sit and a dirt trail goes in a long circle around them. Horses of all colours and breeds move around at different gaits. Mikaela guides Skye off to the side once she lets me go and I walk Celtic around the place.

His ears flicker all around in excitement as he realizes he's finally jumping after four years. He loves roping, but jumping has always been his passion. I squeeze my legs and smile as he breaks into a nice, floaty trot. His body stretches out and he looks like the perfect hunter horse. If I were to tap him with my heels, his head would shoot up and his strides would become compact and he would become the perfect jumper.