07 | Ek Main Aur Ek Tu

I introduced an OG character cos I seem to have forgotten all characters and the ones I remember don't make sense here. so :) 

___________

Days passed quickly in Delhi. Raman and Ishita made most of it by making memories, talking, late-night movies, shopping and so on. They were so used to each other's company that they missed the time they spent apart at their work. Every morning Raman would drop Ishita to her clinic and evening they used to return together.

One fine evening, Ishita asked, "Shall we go out today?" Raman was exhausted. He was working on a big account in his office and he had run around all day doing that. He was in no mood for any more social events. He replied,  "Not today. I'm not feeling very well"

Ishita's concern grew, she rushed towards him  "Kya huva? Fever toh nahi hai na?" [What happened? You don't have a fever, right?] He moved away from her, "I just need some rest"

She gave Raman a hug. He then proceeded to his room to get some much-needed rest. Just then, the house bell rings and ishita goes to check who it was. A lean lady was standing with her hat on. She was checking her phone. Ishita politely asks, "May I help you?"

She looked at ishita with an amused expression "Where's Raman?"

Ishita wasn't too sure if she should let a stranger inside but she was telling Raman's name and maybe she wasn't a stranger to him. She thought it was better to get confirmation, "you are?"

Hat lady rushed inside the house ignoring question put up by Ishita. She directly banged inside the hall shouting "RKB...come out" Ishita stood wondering who that girl was and who RKB was. Nevertheless, she ran behind her to stop her from further shouting and waking Raman. She caught hold off the lady "Who are you? Why are you shouting like this?"

Hearing the commotion outside his room, Raman came out to see what the problem was. As soon as he saw the hat lady, a smile came on his face and he walked towards her. Lady shouted "surprise" and hugged him.

Raman asked in excited tones "Tum kab aayi" [When did you come?]

Hat lady sighs "Abhi abhi. Directly from Airport" [Just now. I directly came here from Airport]

Raman is still excited, which is evident in his voice "I didn't expect this. I thought Mihir was coming. he called. Is he... here?"

"I'm here" A voice approached from the door. Ishita, Raman and the lady saw towards the entrance. Man there came and hugged Raman. Ishita was hella confused about what was happening in that house. 

Raman came forward and introduced "Ishita, they are my childhood friends" 

Pointing towards the man "He's Mihir " and towards the hat lady "She's Neha"

He spoke to Mihir and Neha "She's Ishita and she stays with me"

After the formal greeting of each other, they sat down discussing random stuff and getting to know each other and catching up. Mihir, Neha and Raman went to take some rest. After about an hour or so, Ishita woke up Raman "Raman, utho" 

"Sone do na Neha" [Let me sleep, Neha] Raman replied, almost in deep sleep. "Neha nahi Ishita. Utho" [It's Ishita...wake up] He groaned in response. "Utho Raman. Time for dinner" She pulled the blanket from over him and lead him to the dining table. She handed him a bowl of soup. Raman was confused, "Yeh kya hai?" [What's this?]

"It's good for your health. Drink" 

"Uthaya toh aise Jaise ki kuch parathe banaye hai par Mila kya soup... Chal Raman beta Teri kismet mein Yahi likha hai" He mumbled to himself [You woke me as though you had cooked Paratha but what do I get...soup. See Raman you just have this in your Fate]

"Kuch kaha aapne?" [You told something?]

"Main hota kaon hoon kuch bolne wala. Do tumhara healthy food" [Who I am to speak anything? Give me your healthy food]

"That's like my good boy" She smiled at him.

Raman reluctantly put the soup in the bowl and took it up to his mouth. He was reluctant to taste it as it was smelling weird. He brought it up to his nose and put the spoon back into the bowl. He then shrugged all of his thoughts, if ishita put so many efforts into this for him, he should at least try to appreciate it honestly. and her coffee was obviously good, how bad could this be - this probably smelt that way as it was some Tamilian recipe he thought. As soon as he tasted it, he coughed it out. 

"Kya huva?" she turned to him with concern. [What happened?]

"Have you ever cooked something in your life?" he asked hesitantly. Usually, he would be rude but after she had called him out on some of his behaviour, he was careful around her. She early took a seat beside him "No, it's my first time. How is it?"

"This is great. I have never tasted such yummy food in my life" He faked a smile and gulped some more morsels She rubbed her hands in excitement. She lifted a bowl from the table and walked towards the kitchen, Raman asks her "Where...are you going?" She turns around with a swing, a bright smile on her face "I'll get myself some. I didn't taste it yet"

Raman groans  "So I'm the lucky person who gets to taste it first?"

"Yes, you're. Next, I'll taste"

"No..." he shouted

"Why?" she asked confused. Why didn't he want her to eat it? He was being terribly weird. 

"Why...why, because I want it" Raman makes something up. 

"Arrey I have cooked more only, it'll be enough for us" She smiles at him, extending her hands in the air showing him the amount she had cooked.

"More?" He asked, fear increasing in him. Who was going to eat all of that now? Should he have told her that the food tasted bad? But he didn't want to hurt her feelings, oh what a mess!

Ishita ran inside the kitchen to get some more of the food that she had cooked while Raman was yelling the first thing that came to his mind "No, no...listen to me. You can't have it, because... I want it, All of it"

"I'm eating it" she announced and helped herself with some only to find herself spitting it out as soon as it entered her mouth. What was this devil of a thing that she had cooked? 

"Ew, Raman. How did you eat this!?" she asked deeply flustered. The bad taste seeped into her throat and it almost made her want to puke, she drank a gallon full of water to make it go away. "Well, it was your first time cooking right. So..." he trailed off 

"Aap bhi na" she giggled. "So how did you like the food?" he teasingly asked her in the same tone she had asked a few minutes before. She glared her eyes at him, "Bahot bura " [Very bad] and both of them start laughing uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry but this thing you have made has only one place... Dustbin. What to eat now?" Raman walks thinking, "Maybe I'll cook " Ishita shakes her head in protest. he cooked practically every day and when he didn't they went out to the restaurant, he deserved a break. This wasn't fair. 

"Arrey dimag par itna zor mat lagao... Let's go out and eat. However, you wanted to go right?" [Don't use your brain much...] Raman talks in a cool tone while picking up his wallet and setting his hair right "It's fine. I'm quite healthy after eating this" he pointed at the soup "Let's go. Get ready"

Mihir entered the room "Kaha jane ki taiyari ho rahi hai Bhai" [Where are you guys going?] 

Ishita informed them "We are going out for dinner"

Neha asked, picking up her handbag "great, we're joining too, right?"

Raman rolls his eyes all the way to the sky and ishita playfully hits his arm "You have to or else be ready to get admitted to hospital" Both Neha and Mihir have confused painted on their faces. Mihir then pointed towards the soup, slightly reaching out for the bowl "We can eat this"

"No" Ishita and Raman shout together inciting curiosity in Mihir, then proceed onto explain the whole debacle.