13 | Dil To Pagal Hai

At the reunion, Neha moved shifted around the room looking for her friends to be greeted by Mihir. She asked him where they were. Mihir took a stuffed samosa out of his mouth and replied, "I don't know, they went missing from the party"

Neha asked cautiously thinking it was all her fault, she made ishu tell-all that stuff  "Do you think they had a fight?"

"Why will they?" Mihir asked while asking the waiter to serve him some chutney for his samosas. Neha shook her head, tension mounting her face, "They are Raman and Ishita. They can do anything"

"What do you mean?" Mihir said still munching down some favourites. Neha grabbed the plate from his hand and stomped her for angrily, "Can you stop eating for two minutes? Your friends are missing"

"Raman went out of the hall in a bad mood, he met simmi's old boyfriend" a random person who was passing by adds.

"So, chances are that ishita might have set him in a better mood too because I saw her going in that direction, don't worry nehu" Mihir claps his hands while trying to get back his plate of food.

"Might be. We both are working hard to get them together and these people are confusing us. God! Help them. Hang on, help us, please" she joined her hands and shot them up in the sky.

⋯⋯⋯

Raman looked up from the ground, with tear-stained eyes, "That's not the only reason I let  you stay" 

Ishita glared at him, "Agar aap joke karenge phirse ki Subbu's friend, I'll push into the lake" [if you joke once again that you're Subbu's friend, I'll push you into his lake]

He smirked, caught her hands in his and looked into her eyes with all the seriousness in the world. At that moment, she knew he was serious and she composed herself for water that was to come. Truth be told, she was scared. Raman whispered, "I love you" 

Her eyes widened in shock. She certainly didn't expect that to come out his mouth. Her mouth was still hanging from the shock from his confession and she remained that way while he went ahead to speak "Initially I let you in cos I was scared for you but more I was around you, more I fell in love with you. I am sorry if this makes anything weird and totally respect it if you don't feel the same way..." 

She cut him short with a soul-crushing hug mumbling I love you too a million times. 

It had taken a few moments for ishita to digest what just happened there. She couldn't believe her ears and Raman telling her exactly what she wanted to hear. I mean he literally was blaming two minutes ago. Her heart skipped a beat upon this happy surprise. She was pleasantly surprised. 

His heart was fluttering by her sudden hug attack, he tightening the back confirmed: "Wait, really?" 

She broke the hug and sat back "Yes, Of course, Why didn't you tell me before?"

Raman says sheepishly rubbing his hands around the back of his neck" I was waiting for the perfect moment" 

"Perfect?  there is no perfect moment. Just take a moment and make it perfect, just like this moment" She says proudly but again, her voice goes on to concern mode "But hey, again- it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. I want you to promise me not to blame yourself, whenever you're feeling bad come straight to me. okay?" 

"Thanks" 

They leaned on the bench, their hands entwined, Ishita's head rested on Raman's shoulder looking at the scenic view in front of them. behind them, on an old rock, it read, what's meant to be will always find a way here. 

well, this was short. hope you enjoyed it! next chapter is also up, so check out  x