chapter 7

February 2017

Mitch entered Harry's house on Saturday morning. Harry opened the door wearing black gym shorts and a t shirt with Mickey Mouse on it. Mitch looked at the t shirt and chuckled slightly, only Harry would be able to pull it off.

"Welcome Mitchell." He ushered him into his large hallway and shut the door behind him.

Mitch had been in Harry's house many times before but the size and beauty of it never failed to stun him. It was relatively large, Harry could definitely afford larger but didn't see the point as he lived alone. A close friend of his has designed the interior and had nailed it; capturing his essence in every item of furniture.

One thing that Mitch particularly loved about his house was
the amount of light that it let in. The back end of his kitchen was all window, showing his large garden that had been decked out with lavish garden furniture.

The other room that had great light was his music room, fit with a grand piano, guitars of all shapes and sizes and a drum kit for fun. The walls were laced with a couple of sofas where Harry would often sit and come up with song ideas. In the corner was a computer set up that acted as a small studio for him to record things he would come up with.

Mitch ran his hand along all the different types of guitars but he always brought his own. Playing someone else's guitar never felt right to him.

"So, do you have something already or are we brainstorming?" He wondered, sitting on one of his sofas so he could get out his guitar.

"I have some lyrics already but I need your musical genius to come up with the tone." He instructed. Mitch got out his guitar and checked it was in tune before he asked his next question.

"What are they?" He asked. Harry pulled out a notebook from his bookshelf and flicked to a specific page before handing it to Mitch.

"I'm gonna get some water, do you want anything?" Mitch looked at the words Harry had written down before answering his question.

"A coffee if you don't mind." He said without looking up. Then he saw Harry out of the corner of his eye walk away presumably to the kitchen. Mitch's eyes were glued to the words he had written as his mind worked away to think of what to do with them.

You're like warm feelings on a summer evenin'
And sound just like a song
I want more baby and that summer feelin'
It's so wonderful and warm

Breathe me in, breathe me out
I don't know if I could ever go without

That's all that was written down but it was enough. Harry knew that, he wouldn't waste Mitch's time with words that weren't enough to make a song.

Harry rested his hands next to the coffee machine and stuck his bum out. He knew Mitch would tease him about the lyrics, wondering if they were about anyone in particular. They were, of course and he wouldn't lie if Mitch asked but he hoped he wouldn't slightly.

He walked back into his music room and saw his book on the floor. Mitch now has his guitar on his lap and was humming something to himself.

"Here." He gave him his cup of coffee and sat on the floor in front of here.

"This is what I've got." Mitch started to hum the tune of what would be Watermelon Sugar and played the melody he sang on the guitar. Harry smiled.

"Sounds like something good." He approved which Mitch always appreciated.

"The lyrics are very happy." He smirked, Harry was waiting for that. His head hung low as a smile creeped up onto his face. "May I ask?"

"You were always going to." Harry lifted his hand in his direction as if to tell him to go ahead.