The Dark Fades Eventually

she tried to hold it in till she walked into her office, but she barely just made it when she heard the door click, she burst into tears, grabbing onto her desk and sitting next to it before her legs would give out. She lost him, she lost the love of her life and she couldn't do anything to stop him from dying and leaving her and Claire hugging and crying. Claire left to tell Morgan and park but Audrey couldn't face another minute. She couldn't stand to think of any work. she got herself off the floor and made her way to his room. she had to get one more goodbye.

once she arrived in his room, she slowly walked in and took the chair that was in the corner of the room and sat at his side. she looked at him and took his cold hand in hers, holding back a sob, but failing.

"I'm so sorry, I could have done better, I could have saved you, I miss you so much already and you've been gone for only 30 minutes, I never got to tell you everything, But I still love you" She sobbed through almost every word she said.

"I loved you even when we broke up and I regret that more than anything in my life and I just need you to come back, I can't live without you, you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I never want to let you go but now I guess I have no damn choice" Audrey held his hand tighter, hoping maybe he'd squeeze her hand.

She took a shaky breath before continuing, "But you had to go, But I want you to know that Claire and I are going to be okay, we will get through this together, we both love you so much Neil, you have no idea how much, I really should go, your parents are on their way" Audrey says, getting rid of her tears that had escaped. when she stood up, her legs felt like cement and she didn't want to leave him.

before she let go of his hand, she bent down and kissed his forehead and whispered, "The thought of you not being around, isn't okay with me, I love you more than anything"

Once she let go of his hand, she stood there and held her breath, trying not to cry but easily failing. Audrey felt like someone was watching so she turned around and saw Glassman and someone she never thought she'd see that day...

"Audrey"

Audrey held her breath again and let out a shaky sob, "Mom"

Her mother held out her arms and Audrey quickly ran into her mother's arms and let all of her emotions out.

"I know baby let it all out, this is how I felt when your father died, I was broken and felt like there was nothing good left in this world, you loved him more than anything and he knew that you were going to be this way"

Audrey sobbed, holding onto her mother as if her life depended on it.

"It feels like I lost the other half of me mom, I lost a piece of me that I can never get back no matter how hard I try, He died Mom, Neil died"

"It feels like that, for now, baby but the dark fades eventually, and the sun will be bright again, you'll smile again, and he will be there for both of you girls no matter what"

Audrey stopped hugging her mom but stayed in her arms, "Thank you mom, How the hell did you know I needed a hug?"

"Dr. Glassman called me minutes after he died saying that you might be in need of a mom and a hug"

Audrey laughed and looked at Glassman, "Thank you Dr.Glassman, you know me a little too well"

Glassman smiled and nodded, at the girls.

Audrey looked at her mom, "I think we should grab Claire and Bring her out for breakfast or take her day drinking whatever the hell she wants because we both need to get our minds off of it just a little bit, cause he'd tell me to dry my eyes and fight"

"I think that's a very good idea darling let's go find her"

Her mother was right, the dark faded eventually but it was a solid 2 years before Claire Browne and Audrey Lim felt some kind of normal again.