Chapter 1 || All Eyes on Me

Luna sat in an uncomfortable steel chair. The room was empty, the chair opposite of her was empty. The light above her blinded her.

"What happened?" She thought in her head as many thoughts raced through her mind.

A couple hours before she was brought to the precinct, she was found lying unconsciously at the pool. She was back in her normal state but something seemed to be wrong, she could not remember a single thing from that night. It was a blur. 

The creak of the door startled her as a women walked towards the empty chair in front of her, she pulled the chair out as the screeching made Luna's ears ring. 

A file was put in front of Luna as the women stared her down. 

"Luna?" The mysterious women spoke up.

Luna was staring at the steel table, her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"I'm the inspector that's investigating in Marina's case."

The name "Marina" caused Luna to lift her head up. 

"What happened too Marina?" She quietly whispered, she was still weak.

"You don't know what happened?" The inspector asked as she jotted down notes on her notepad. 

Luna finally sat up in her seat as she looked the women in the eye. 

"I don't even remember where I was, is she okay?" Luna asked.

The inspector sighed as her head hung low, "Your best friend... is dead."

Luna's body went numb, her body seemed to shut down as her eyes screamed "PAIN!"

"Not again..." Luna thought.

"I-I was just with her. It can't be, she was fine," Luna argued.

"I'm afraid she isn't, do you mind telling us what happened from what you can remember?" The inspector's pen was out as she waiting for a response, any response that she can write on the notepad.

"Everything was a blur, we were at Alejandro's house before we went to the school dance." 

The sound of the pen against the notepad made Luna cringe, every sound made her body ache even more. 

"What else happened that night?"

Luna sighed as her focus went elsewhere.

"We're you drugged at the dance-"

Before the inspector  could finish, Luna interrupted, "No, I don't know actually."

"Were you given a drink?"

Luna's mind tried to dig deep into that night. She needed to know what happened that night.

"Water... I was given water when I was at Alejandro's house."

"Did the liquid seem off to you? Did it smell weird?" 

"No, the first time I drank it, it looked like a normal glass with water in it."

"First time? You mean there was another time where you drank water?"

"Yes, I hadn't finished the glass yet. I set it down somewhere and I went after Marina, she was talking to somebody and I wanted to make sure she was okay. I came back and I was told to drink the whole glass."

"Did the water seem different then? And... you mentioned Marina talking to someone, who was it?" 

"The water seemed normal like the first time."

The pen started to scribble again on the notepad.

"And how about Marina?" 

"I don't know who she was talking to, by the time I went to check on her, she had already hung the phone up..."