Chapter 8 || Sweet Tooth

Luna and Massimo sat besides a window, that was their spot. Luna hasn't been there in a while, she looked around at the view of the small ice cream shop, taking in every detail.

Massimo glazed at her and smiled. 

"What? We haven't been here in a while, I'm trying to enjoy the memories," Luna says as she takes a bite of her ice cream.

"I know, it's not that. It's just I love seeing you make that cute face," Massimo laughs.

Luna smiled, "What? This is my normal face."

"That is incorrect, when you are mad, your face is scary."

"You are such an ass, you know that?" Luna laughs as she throws a tissue at Massimo. 

Massimo groans, "You are such a boring old lady."

Luna looks at him shock, "How so?" 

"You still get the same old flavor," Massimo pretends to vomit. 

"You know what, chocolate moose is the best flavor there is! I see you're still obsessed with strawberry," Luna rolls her eyes with sarcasm.

"This flavor is mesmerizing, chocolate is absolutely the worst!" 

"You know, you better stop talking before I throw my bowl at you," Luna laughs. 

"I'm gonna actually throw up then..." Massimo smiles as he continues to eat away. 

"You are such a baby! You're 18 and you still are afraid of chocolate."

"Who isn't, I mean look at it staring at me," Massimo grabs Luna's spoon as he plays around with it.

Luna jokingly smacks his hand away, laughing. 

They both look at each other with joy in their smiles and eyes, it's been so long since Luna felt any sort of happiness, of course she felt it with Ander too. But nobody needed to know that.

"Now, let's talk..." Massimo said with a serious face on.

"Oh come on please, let's just stay like this forever," Luna groaned as she pleaded.

"Who was the guy I met earlier? Your boyfriend..." Massimo teased. 

"Oh come on, I haven't had a boyfriend since Alejandro."

"Okay fair enough, but something happened between you two and you're avoiding him."

Luna sighs, "I have no choice but to avoid him, I can't put him in any kind of danger. His mom made it easier for me, she said in order for me to stay at Las Encinas I have to stay away from him because I'm a bad influence."

Massimo winces, "Damn that's cold." 

"Nothing serious ever happened between us, hell, we haven't even kissed on the lips yet. We both like each other but nothing could happen between us..." Luna's head hung low as she played with her spoon. 

"This is the thing about being in the Mafia or being the daughter of one, unless you two get married, you can't tell him. And if you guys have a divorce, they have to kill him." 

Luna buries her head in her hands, "It's easier for me because I don't feel the same way towards him anymore..."

"Mhm," Massimo eyed her.

"What, you don't believe me?" Luna says.

"I can tell there was something there, you're just scared to fall deeper for him..."

"You better eat your ice cream, I'm running out," Luna laughed as her smile slowly faded. 

"Nope, just because you were able to get away with it when we were younger, it doesn't mean you get too now," Massimo teased.