Chapter 13 || Reba

Luna sat at her desk as she continued to study for her finals. She hasn't done anything since she got home except finish her homework and study. 

She was focused and determined and nothing was stopping her, she was and she will be one of the highest passers in her class. 

"Luna," The door swung open and revealed Catarina. 

"Hold on a second, let me finish these notes..." Luna wrote one final sentence down before turning to her mother. 

"Your principal called me."

Luna scoffed, "Let me guess, she told you she's going to expel me if I'm not one of the highest passers?" 

Catarina stood in the doorway silently, "Why exactly is she threatening your position?" 

Luna sighed as she looked at her pile of notes.

"Luna..." Catarina slowly walked over to Luna's desk, she hovered over her as she rested her hands on Luna's shoulders. 

"Her son..." 

"Ah, the typical mother move." 

"Yup," Luna said. 

"Well, if you need me to do anything, you know who to ask, right?" Catarina said.

"Yes mama, but there is no need for that. I got it taken care of, I'm going to prove her wrong..." 

Catarina silently smiled, she proceeds to kiss Luna on the top of her head, "I'm proud of you mija..." 

Luna gently grabbed both Catarina's hand, "Thank you mama, I'm really working hard in being a better person."

"I know mija, and I'm sorry papa and I haven't been acknowledging your accomplishments and we failed to be there for you and your sisters..." Catarina rested her chin on top of Luna's head. 

Things for Luna were starting to look better for her, maybe not being angry at the world wasn't such a bad thing. 

"I'll leave you be now," Catarina rubbed her shoulders and kissed her on the top of her head. 

"I'm proud of you," Luna thought to herself.

It was now 9 pm and Luna still hadn't moved from her desk. She was almost finished, she needed a few more notes. Luna reached over on her desk to grab one of her books. The book she needed was laying at the bottom of stacked books. 

She tried to pull it but instead, she knocked all her books to the floor.

"Shit..." She said. She bent over on the floor as she grabbed the fallen books and papers on the floor. One paper fell far from her desk, it was the file. 

She stared at it and hesitantly grabbed it, after she put her books and papers in a neat stack, she kept the file in her hand. 

"I completely forgot about this..." She thought. 

Luna slowly closed her eyes and sighed. She opened her eyes again and finally grew the courage to open the file. It was papers among papers.

"How is this supposed to help me figure out where she is?" She said to herself. 

Paper after paper, Luna searched. At the end of the file, was an envelope.

"Really?" Luna said. 

She grabbed the envelope and turned it to the opening, she opened it without hesitation. She managed to pull whatever was inside the envelope. 

She pulled out what seemed to be a picture, she stared at it in awe. In shock, she dropped the rest of the file on the floor.

She immediately rushed out of her house and she went straight to the given address. 

"It can't be her..." She said to herself once more.

After passing by a couple of streets and houses, she managed to make it to the unknown house. 

"Now that is a nice house," She thought.

Before she stepped out of the car, she looked at her reflection from the windshield, "What am I doing?" 

She put both her arms on the wheel as she took a big sigh, her head hung low.

"None of this makes sense..." 

She sat back in the drivers seat as she eyed the house, "For fucks sake." 

She grew the courage to exit the car, she quietly slammed the door behind her and proceeded down the path. She looked around weirdly.

She came to a stop as she faced the big doors, she brought her hand up to the doorbell and rang it a few times. No response. 

She continued to ring the bell, after a while, she started to hear echoed footsteps behind the other side of the door. 

"Luna?" The mysterious voice called out as she stared at her. 

"Rebeca..." 

Reba rubbed her eyes as she stared at her, "Yeah, that's my name... is there something I can help you with?" 

Without answering, Luna brushed past her and inside the house.

"Or... we can just come into people's houses randomly." 

"I'm sorry to intrude late at night but I have to talk to you about something." 

Reba nodded, she proceeded to lead Luna out to the balcony, it had a clear view. 

"What is it?" Reba asked. 

Luna sighed and looked down at her feet, she pulled out the file from earlier and handed it to Reba. 

"Look at this." 

Reba stared at the file that was given to her, she flipped the file open. Reba stared at it in shock, she was at a loss for words.

"So, can I have an explanation Reba? Or should I say Elisia?" Luna stared out into the distance. 

Reba closed the file and gently tossed it to a nearby chair, she stepped a few inches forward, "I'm sorry..." 

"I really don't know what to say to that. I mean, you really had me believe I killed you for the longest time. Then you transfer to my school and looked me in the face and acted as if you didn't know me..."

"It isn't what it seemed like..." Reba said.

"Well then, I'm waiting for an explanation. Because I must have been really dumb to not know about your fake death." 

"Before the party at Alejandro's, a few weeks prior to that, my mom called me back here to live with her. Nobody knew about it, I was scared to tell you, most importantly I was scared to lose you. So, that night at the party when you went ballistic on me, I figured why not leave tonight. I decided it'd be better if you or Alejandro didn't know, I didn't want to hurt the both you. Especially you. So, I pretended that you hurt me very badly. Then once you became sober again, I was gone."

"Wow, you really didn't mean to hurt any of us?" Luna chuckled. 

"I'm really sorry Lulu..." 

"No, you have lost every right to call me that. I should have known, I wasn't allowed to see the body nor was I allowed to go to the funeral. And I figured maybe your family was mad at me and I couldn't blame them..." 

Reba reached her hands out to Luna's, "Please forgive me. I'm so sorry..." 

"For so long Reba, for so long I have done nothing but blamed myself and beat myself up for your death. Alejandro has constantly pointed the finger at me."

Reba started to tear up, "My intention was to never hurt you, ever." 

"But you did Reba, you hurt me. I wish I could understand your intentions but they don't make any sense to me. You could've told me you were leaving, it's that simple." 

"I know..." 

Luna stared at her, "I forgive you, okay? But that doesn't change anything that happened. I don't know what's going to happen between the both of us but all I know is I'm trying to make a better version of myself. I can't stay angry at you, it's really not worth the energy."

"Thank you..." Reba replied.

"It wasn't for you, it was for me."