Chapter 9 || Back From the Dead

As their lips crashed together, the intensity grew. 

Ander leaned back on his bed as Luna never broke contact. 

A few minutes go by and their lips never grew tired. 

Luna lays beside Ander as they both look up into the ceiling. 

"Well... I was not expecting that to happen," Ander stared in shock.

"Was it worth it?" Luna teased.

Ander looked beside him and pulling Luna into a kiss, "Definitely." 

Luna could feel his smile on her lips as they kissed.

"What's going to happen now?" Luna asked as her focus went back to the ceiling. 

"I don't know... I mean it's not my moms choice in who I can and can't date. But I'd be putting your future at risk." 

"Look..." Luna sat up in his bed, "If it isn't a surprise, I like you a lot. I want to be with you more than anything but there are certain things in the way of it happening. I can't be truthful to you without exposing my whole history. I don't want our relationship to be a lie."

Ander sits up as well and stares at Luna, "We'll find a way to work it out. I'm just glad I didn't lose you..."

Luna smiles, "What if we can't be together?" 

"But what if we can? Right person but wrong time." 

Luna looks at him, "We need to promise each other, if it doesn't work out between us we're not going to wait..." 

Ander hesitates to answer.

"Ander?"

"I can't keep a promise if I know I'm not capable of keeping it..."

Luna sighs, "Please... if I can't give you the happiness and love, I have to give you up to another person that is willing to do what I couldn't do." 

Ander takes Luna's hand in his, "I promise, I'll move on and I won't wait for you." 

"I promise to give you all the happiness in the world if it means being with somebody else. I won't wait..."

Both of them held their pinkies out as they linked them together. 

Silence fell upon the both of them.

"So what do you want to do now?" Ander asked.

"I'm kind of hungry, all I ate was ice cream..." 

"All I can make is a sandwich?" 

Luna laughs, "That doesn't sound like a worthy boyfriend."

Ander chuckles as he wraps his arm around Luna's shoulder. 

They make their way downstairs and run into Azucena.

"Shit..." Ander whispered.

Azucena was startled by their presence, "What's going on here?" 

"I was about to leave..." Luna said.

"I thought I warned you to stay away?" Azucena sets her bag on the counter. 

"Mom, please," Ander pleaded.

"You're throwing away your future for this girl? Just because she's not making it anywhere, doesn't mean you get to do the same!"

"Mom! That's enough, I've seen what Luna is capable of. I feel sorry for people like you that can't see it. It's my choice in the people who I want to date."