Chapter 11 || Love, Santiago

A couple of days has passed by and Luna took Nadia's advice. It was time for her to focus on the important things, herself, her sisters, and her education. When it's the right time to find the killer, it'll be the right time. 

Luna had a couple of stressful days, she had to fully catch up on her lessons to be prepared for their upcoming tests. She was lucky enough for all of her teachers to give her a second chance. 

Ever since Luna came home, she's been at her desk studying. It was hard not having a teacher explain it to her but she was starting to understand it. 

Her hand wrote away as her other hand was typing numbers in her calculator. Then she turned to her paper to her laptop. Her empty notebook and laptop started to fill up with many notes. 

"Hey..." The door slowly swung open as Sophia appeared by the doorway. 

Luna turned around and smiled.

"You know, that's the first time in a while I've seen a genuine smile from you."

"I'm getting better, I just needed multiple wake up calls before putting myself first I guess. It just feels good to be back on track."

Sophia approached her as she looked down on her notes, "Wow, I can't even write that much..." 

Luna giggled, "Look at my hands, they're sore." 

Sophia smiled as she continued to observe. She looked around at her desk as she realized a letter hidden from under Luna's books.

"You still haven't read it?" Sophia grabbed the letter.

Luna looked up at her, "Nope... I haven't gotten the chance to."

Sophia set the letter back down, "If you need us to be there while you read it, we'll be here," Sophia kissed Luna on the top of her head.

"Thank you Sophia..." 

Sophia stood in the doorway and turned her head around, "Hey... I'm proud of you," Sophia then proceeded to close the door behind her. 

Luna turned back to her notes as a small smile formed on her lips. 

More hours passed by and Luna still sat at her desk, "I need a break," she thought.

Luna dropped her pencil on the desk as she sat back in her chair, both her arms were on top of her head as she took a heavy sigh. Her eyes landed on the letter beside her, she slowly grabbed it as she looked at the outside of the envelope. 

"It's time..." She thought.

She called both Sophia and Serafina up to her room, they took a seat on her bed as she was still seated on her desk chair. 

"You ready?" Serafina said.

Luna nodded, she turned the envelope to the side of the opening. She managed to open it and she pulled the paper inside of it. 

She dropped the envelope to the floor and unfolded the paper. She was silent for a little bit.

"What does it say?" Sophia called out. 

Luna sighed as she started to read the letter out loud.

"Dear Luna, Serafina, and Sophia... you probably found this already I would have hoped. I suck at writing letters but I tried. I managed to write all of this down, Luna, I know what you're thinking, it's your fault. Please trust me on this, it was never your fault. I knew you killing Alejandro will only turn you into the monster papa and grandfather are now. This was my decision and I knew exactly what was going to happen. All you've ever done was been there for me continuously, now it's my turn. You have done nothing but took care of all of us when it was supposed to be the other way around. I never will get the chance to say this but thank you. And I'm so sorry for having to leave so early. But just as long nobody harms you and our sisters. I had to do what had to be done... I want you guys to let go and move on with your lives. I know it's a lot to ask for but I can't see you be miserable in this life, take the time to heal and mourn me but don't beat yourself up for it. I have wanted nothing but happiness for the three of you, stop settling less for what you deserve, do whatever your mind is set one. Love whoever you want to love, be whoever you want to be. Learn from me, life is too short and I'm not going to be able to accomplish more of my dreams. I won't be able to meet the love of my life. Before I end this letter, tell mama and papa I love them a lot and you guys do the same. We have never gotten along but I don't want you guys to live in regret, don't hold on to anger... I'm talking to you Luna."

Luna laughed as happy tears swelled in her eyes, she continued to read it.

"I'm sorry once again, I know I won't be there for the most important events of your life but I'll be close. Sophia, I am so proud of you. I can't comprehend how you are so successful at our age. I want you to continue to do the same with or without me. Thank you for always having my back and annoying me. Since you are now the oldest, I'm handing my responsibilities to you, take care of Serafina and Luna."

Sophia laughed from the distance.

"Serafina, my sweet and precious angel. You out of all of us are the most sweetest girl, don't let anybody change that. Continue to work on your dream and don't ever stop until you accomplish every single one on the list. Thank you for comforting me in my darkest times and managing to make me smile and laugh."

Serafina smiled silently as she rubbed her eyes from the tears. 

"Lastly, my baby sister and the most angriest and toughest one out there, Luna I love you so much, your selflessness and the need to always putting everybody before you. I have always loved that about you, but don't forget to be there for yourself as well. At the end of the day, you have never and will never be alone. Don't be afraid to let others in, don't be afraid to trust others, just because many people took that away from you doesn't mean you have to fear life. You have done so much for me and others, it's time to unwind and let others take care of you. I wish you and Ander the best of luck in this life, you tell him if he ever hurts you I will haunt him."

The three of them laughed.

"This is it girls, my time is almost up. Just know you guys mean the whole world to me, I will never stop loving you guys. So my dearest sisters, whenever you feel alone or angry at the world or even at each other, don't forget to read this letter. Take care of each other and most importantly, take care of our baby sister. Alright, as much as I want to write forever, my hand is starting to grow tired. I love you three so much, my love is unconditional. Goodbye..."

As the final words left Luna's mouth, tears started to stream out of her eyes, "Love, Santiago."