Chapter 6 || Blur

"I have to get back to class, but wash up first. I'm sorry people have to put you through this..." Guzman gently patted Luna on the shoulder.

Both departed, Guzman turned to his class while Luna continued down the halls, she came to a stop as the bathroom stood before her. She quietly enters the bathroom. In the bathroom was another hall that led to the pool. 

She walked past the hall as she made her way towards the sink, she ran the cold water as she used it to splash her face. The cold water made her skin tingle as it dripped down her face. 

Her head hung low as she used her arms to support her. She looked down at the sink then up into the mirror, she stared at herself for a while. She didn't know exactly what she was doing. 

In the back of the mirror, she caught a glimpse of the small hall that led to the pool. Something was telling her to go, it was telling her to find the truth once and for all. 

After drying her face, she found herself standing in front of the hall, she didn't move an inch of her body, instead she stood there frozen as she inspected the bright yellow tape that prevented anyone to enter the pool. 

"Go..." A voice repeated in her head. 

She didn't want to, the thought of that place haunted her. She can sense and feel Marina's pain and death. She could feel every negative feeling through that pool. 

"Go..." The voice repeated itself once more.

After moments of hesitating, she lifted the caution tape up and ducked under it. She slowly walked through the hall and before her was the pool. It was surrounded by a yellow caution tape. 

"Keep going..." Another voice popped into her head. 

So, she did so. On the other side of the pool was a stain of blood, they didn't properly wash it as the blood still surrounded the pool. 

Her breathing started to grow heavy with each step she took around the pool, she wanted to go back but for some reason her legs wouldn't let her. It was like her body telling her, "This is where you need to be right now."

After examining the blood, she made her way over to the other side of the pool. She took a long and heavy sigh.

"Please remember..." She whispered under her breath. 

Due to her tiredness, she sat herself down on one of the pool benches, she started to examine every part of the pool. From every corner to every inch of the pool. Her eyes wandered, hoping for any hint or clue as to what happened that night. Her eyes landed back on the stain of blood. 

She stared at it curiously, she was getting at something. A memory was trying to break through but couldn't. What was it? What was her head trying to tell her?

"You're not going to get the watch!" Voices she's heard but wasn't sure started to play through her head. 

"Marina?" She whispered under her breath.

"You're never going to be enough..." Another memory flushed through her brain. It was like a broken record, bits of the memory came flooding through but it seemed all over the place.

The words didn't make sense, did she hear the conversations? Did she see the killer? 

It started to drive her crazy, what was it they were trying to tell her? What was she trying to remember?

She repeated the words in her head, it seemed to be something she heard the night of the murder. These were things she forgot, she didn't even know she heard conversations around her. 

It stopped, the words stopped playing in her head. It was just her and an empty pool room. It was just tricks, she was exhausted and stressed... right? 

Luna started to feel uneasy by herself in the room, she slowly made her way back outside when she ran into Carla.

Luna rolled her eyes.

"You take forever in the bathroom," Carla teased.

"So what? You're stalking me now?"

"Is that a problem?" Carla said as she twirled her finger around Luna's hair.

Luna swapped her hand away, "What do you want?"

"Nothing, just a friendly conversation, that's all."

"If you're trying to get something out of me, it's not going to work," Luna turned away only for Carla to reach after her. 

"I need your help..."

"What could you possibly need help with?" 

"Christian won't keep his mouth shut."

"That's not my problem, now you're the marchioness, you happen to know how to do everything."

"Please..."

Luna rolled her eyes, "No."

After another miserable day at Las Encinas, she was forced to meet with the principal... again.

"Welcome Rebeca to Las Encinas..." The principal said as she shook hands with her.

Luna walked in, "Am I interrupting something?"

"Oh no, we're done here."

The new girl stood up and smiled at Luna, there was something about this girl that made Luna feel uneasy. The girl brushed past Luna, before she can take another step, Luna stops her.

"I'm sorry, but have we met before?" Luna asked curiously as she looked the girl in the eye.

"No, I'm sorry..." The girl said as she made her way to the door.

"Luna, sit down..." 

"Azucena..."

"I was told, you cursed out another student today?"

"Yes, I did..."

"And you aren't a bit ashamed of your actions?"

"Should I be?"

"You were given another chance here at Las Encinas, your last chance. I told you not to play fire with fire."

"I was only defending myself, sorry," Luna sarcastically says. 

"Look, my son is badly influenced by you. I know he likes you and for a while now..."

"Woah, Azucena, I thought we were talking about the situation that occurred in class earlier..." 

"We are, I want my son to succeed more than anything. I don't want you dragging him along with you because of your stupidity."

Luna sat in silence. 

"You need to stay away from him. If I see you around him or even talking to him, I can assure you, you will not be coming back to this school."

"You think I murdered Marina didn't you? You think I'm a threat to the school? Might as well expel me right here and then... oh wait you can't. Just like everybody else that believes I killed my best friend, you don't have any evidence.

Azucena looked at her silently. 

"First and foremost, I have tried repeatedly to keep distant from your son. And secondly, I did not kill anybody... I'll stay away from him for the sake of him, but I can't control what he does."