Chapter 17 || Panic Room

"Luna! Can I please borrow your white pair of heels?" Serafina yelled as she approached her room.

Luna was rushing to get ready, they might have woken up a little later than usual. Today was the award ceremony. 

"I don't know where they are, they're somewhere in my closet," Luna hurriedly finished her makeup and hair. 

"Fuck!" Sophia yelled as she bursted into the room.

The three girls scattered around the room as they struggled to get ready.

"I need jewelry Luna, any type," Sophia entered Luna's closet, nearly bumping into Serafina.

"First of all, since when did my closet become a shopping store?" 

"Since today," Sophia and Serafina yelled from the closet. 

Luna stopped to take a deep breath in, she stood in front of her mirror as she smoothed her now wrinkled clothes. She fixed the small details of her makeup and hair. 

The hassle started to ease as all three Genovese's managed to finish getting ready. Serafina and Sophia stood on either side of Luna, they stared at themselves in the mirror.

Sophia was wearing a white jumpsuit, at the leg of the jumpsuit, the material flared. She paired it with beige heels, her hair was pulled back into a pony tail. 

Right in the middle was Luna, she was wearing a pair of beige, denim jeans that flared at the bottom. Along with the denim jeans, was a simple white body suit. The final touch was a pair of Chanel heels. Luna decided to change her hairstyle, this time it was all natural.

Lastly, Serafina was wearing a black dress that had lace for sleeves, in the center of the dress was an embroidered butterfly, it sparkled in the light as the sun shined on it. She paired it with Luna's white heels. Serafina smoothed the back of her sleeked back hair.

Luna sighed, "I wish he was with us..." 

"He is..." Sophia and Serafina wrapped an arm around Luna's back.

"He's proud of us... and I'm especially proud of us," Sophia smiled. 

"Let's go, we have an award ceremony to attend," Serafina says as she smiles back at the mirror. 

At Las Encinas stood many family members and students.

"Wow, I have never seen this school so filled before," Luna said as she stepped out of the car. 

"I wish mama and papa were here to see it..." Sophia says.

"Well, all I know is that they are both very proud of us," Serafina replies. 

"Come on..." Luna grabbed both of Sophia and Serafina's hand, the three Genovese's made their way inside the school. 

They were all greeted by different families, teachers, and friends. Luna was overwhelmed with happiness and joy, although something was missing. She looked around the room and spotted Ander and Azucena.

"I'll be back..." Luna whispered into Serafina's ear as she excused herself from the crowd. She made her way over to where Ander and Azucena were standing.

"Good morning..." Luna says politely.

Ander was fixing his tie, he was already irritated so early in the morning. As soon as he saw her, his face immediately broke into a smile.

"Hey..." He said gently, he pulled her into a hug. 

She looked at Azucena and cleared her throat, it was very awkward.