My beginning

Hannah's pov

I was young when I was put into foster care. I try not to remember much about my life before. My dad was always stressed and ended up at bars. He would come home and abuse me and my mom. My mom had terrible depression from this. Sometime she would go in her room and cry. She would lock the door so I would sit outside of her room and listen. It made me sad to thing that she was crying. One day my dad came home and tied mom to a chair. She screamed for me to run. Dad looked at me with pure hate in his eyes. I ran out of the house. I ran for mile to get to the neighbors house. (We live in Indiana so a couple of mile is a normal spread of land between houses) The neighbors called the police and drive me home. My dad was being pushed into the back of a cop car. The police officer told me that mom was killed and that my dad is being locked up for life. I stayed with my aunt of awhile then she put me in foster care. She said that I was "too much work". I really wasn't around much and didn't bother her. Now I am at Ms. Berches foster home. I have been here for five years now. I am sixteen. I plan to stay here until I am eighteen then I am legally able to leave this place.