Chapter 4 : Curse

Percy's PoV

"Right, Thomas ! I see him at the end of the corridor !"

"It was time! Damn maze !" Said Thomas

After hearing the cry, we started running but did not know the way, it took us almost twenty minutes to find Minho.

"Minho !" roared thomas

Minho turned to us.

"Hi guys !"

We stop next to him

"Percy, what have you got on your arm ?" Ask Minho.

"Nothing serious. We have to return to the door, the sun begins to rise." I answer.

"Nothing serious ?!" laugh thomas "noo, Percy just got rid of six grievers but nothing serious !"

"Did you fight the grievers ?"Minho was surprised

"Me no, Percy, yes. He is mad." Said Thomas.

I hit him on the shoulder

"I tell you that you jumped on the back of a griever a few tens of meters high."

Thomas and I laugh under the dismayed gaze of minho.

"You're both mad. If that's really what happened, you're pretty good with just an injured arm." Exclaimed Minho.
"Now, let's go, the door will open soon."

We start to run. But I stop after a few meters.

An old shrew like an apple wrinkled with bat wings, claws and glowing eyes animated by a desire which I recognized as being that of killing lands before me, cutting me off from the other two gladers, who keep running.

She wears a tattered black silk dress.

Many of these creatures surrounded me, preventing me from fleeing.

"Who are you ?" I ask, trying to keep my calm.

"Arai", whispered a voice seeming to come from all at once. "The curses".

"What do you want ?" I ask.

"A revenge. We remember you Perceus Jackson. And we came to curse you in a thousand and one ways !" The voice say.

"A thousand, just that? I expected worse." I say sarcastically

And with shouts of fury, they attack.

I slip my hand into my pocket by reflex, knowing full well that my sword had fallen and that I had not recovered it.

And I take out the pen. How it is possible ?

Promising to study this sword more closely later, I brandished it after having removed the cap from the pen and launched myself on the demon grannies.

Paying attention to their claws, I jump over two of them, and with a sword stroke three of them disappear into golden dust.

And I fall to the ground, in the grip of violent pain.

The arai get closer but instead of killing me, they start sneering.

"Do you feel the pain you inflicted, Perseus Jackson? you have spread so much death and suffering on your way. So many curses pronounced against you !"

I don't understand what they mean by having spread suffering and death.

Maybe they are right. maybe I deserve what's happening to me
But who could I have killed ?