Chapter 7 : The Prophecy

Percy's PoV

"A new prophecy has been spoken, and it does not bode well."

"What ?"

A shiver ran through me. I don't remember hearing a prophecy before, but I feel like nothing good comes of it.

Grover spoke :
"Here it is."

Facing an seemingly endless enemy,
The cookie eater as well as infinite wisdom cannot get out of it without encountering death,
The arrival of the unexpected could change everything,
For the worst as the best.

"Wait, is that a prophecy ? The cookies eater ? ." I ask

I have no memories, but I am almost certain that the prophecies are in rhyme and do not use stupid nicknames...

"Yeah, since it's Rachel the Oracle, it seems like her personality rubs off on the propheties.
We think the cookie eater can only be you, and infinite wisdom would be annabeth " he answer.

"If this is true, there is certainly cause for concern." I say.

"If you refer to death ... yeah it's worrying ... but I don't know Percy ... Often prophecies are two-way, and several interpretations are possible."

He looks at me as if he were trying to convince a condemned man that everything was going to work out, without him even believing it.

"I don't see a lot of possible alternatives to meeting death. It's nice to try to cheer me up Grov ', but I feel good, don't worry."

And that's true. I can't explain why, maybe because of my memory loss, but I feel perfectly calm.

"So apart from the encounter with death, what else ?" I ask

"We have no idea who the unexpected might be. But what is certain is that their actions will be crucial for the end result. The best. Like the worst."

"Hope the best." I say

"To finish, we think the enemy is someone who would be ..." he starts, but I cut him

"Tartarus."

"What ? How can you be sure ?"

"I met the arai and they told me about a revenge by a certain Tartarus. If what I think is right, then everything sticks. But I hope to be wrong."

He looks at me with anguish

"Listen to me Percy. I don't know what's going on, but if the enemy is really Tartarus, then we're bad.
Very bad.
You must quickly find your memory. We still haven't heard from Annabeth, and with the announcement of the prophecy, I'm afraid something terrible will happen.
Maybe by recovering your memory, you will know something."

The more I think about it, the more my idea seems to be very real.
I have to find my memories at all costs, Annabeth's life is at stake.

"I have a plan for that." I say

"Awesome ! I have to go. Percy, I'm really sorry I can't help you anymore. Again, it all rests on you, it seems."

His image was already starting to move away.

"Don't worry biquet, but don't forget, you owe me a
cookie !"

He laught.

And with this laught, I wake up.

I don't know what relationship there is between "the creators" and Tartarus, but I have the impression that by rediscovering my memory, I could clarify this point, and know who to fight against.
But I know what I have to do. I have a goal, and I intend to achieve it.