Chapter 19 : An endless enemy...

Percy PoV

"So you're the one I heard when we entered the labyrinth of Daedalus." I say.

"Yes, I almost fell down and as I was catching up I stepped on a branch. At the same time, me and discretion make two... "Stanislas answers, scratching his head.

"And Nico? "

"Well actually I met him by chance in Mexico, where the labyrinth took me. I came back after you and you know the labyrinth, it's impossible to find your way around it without someone special - explains Stanislas, and he looks amused at Newt-, not without a compass."

"Haha very funny. Why don't you tell us why you infiltrated us?" Retort him.

"As you have understood, I am the son of Nyx, but unlike my brothers and sisters, I am a demigod. I never knew my father, but I know that he is mortal."

"And so? What does that make us enemies?" Ask Minho.

"Let me finish. All my life I've only known this place, and my mother developed a feeling of injustice that gradually took hold of me. After all, why did I have to live here? Why didn't anyone care about me? So many unanswered questions for years. Then my mother met Percy and Annabeth. And everything changed. There were others. Others like me. I, who was a recluse, knew nothing. So I began to question my brothers and sisters, my mother, and anyone else who might know something. And I learned. I learned about the camps, about the gods, I learned who I was. And most of all, I learned that I could take my life into my own hands.
So when the opportunity to get out came up, I went for it."

"But you didn't do your job." Thomas relaunches.

"No. It was a deal. If I helped my mother with this plan, I would be free to leave. Freedom in exchange for betraying you. But I've grown attached to you. I got to know you. And I took control of my life. And you helped me reason with my mother."

"You can believe me, he wanted your good at all costs. During our crossing of the labyrinth to find you, he took ill-considered dangers, and his only objective, this will that allowed him to hold on, was only to help you."Nico intervened.

I exchange a glance with the others and I know that we think the same thing.
"It's all in the past. What matters is the choices we make now."

"Thank you."

"Good. We need to find Annabeth. The sooner we find her, the sooner we get out of here."

You're not getting out of here that fast.

-Tartarus?

The voice laughs before it answers.
No, not Tartarus. He is busy enough preparing his assault on Olympus to take care of you.

"Destroy Olympus? But I thought his goal was only revenge for Percy and Annabeth !" Said Stanislas, astonished.
"And if you are not Tartarus, then who..."

I am sure that the son of Poseidon will make the introductions.

Suddenly, a feeling of déjà vu takes me. I try to move. I can't move. My movements are slow, too slow. But how? As if time was slowed down... impossible!

"Cronos !" I exclaim.

It is myself. Happy to see me again, Perseus Jackson?

"Not so much. I thought Luke killed you."

Him? No. Too weak. All he did was send me back to Tartarus. Without energy, but that turned out to be a good thing, didn't it? The Olympians all thought I was defeated for eternity. But time cannot be undone!