Chapter 14 : Back Home

Percy's PoV

I cursed my ankle.
I cursed the lack of ambrosia.
I also curses the labyrinth.

As soon as I entered the opening leading to Daedalus's labyrinth -God knows I would have done without-, the Gladers and me fell several yards and I fell on my already injured ankle.

I tries to get up but stumbles, and Stanislas keeps me from falling head first.

"Damn ankle ! Everyone is well ?" I ask.

"What happened ? The door opened onto a corridor but we ended up falling several meters !" Minho asks me back.

"The labyrinth obeys no law. He will do anything to drive you crazy, disorient you, and kill you. We have to stay together." 

"If I recap, we are lost in a labyrinth that wants our death ? Among other things, nothing very different with what we left." says Newt.

"We must hurry out of here. The longer we don't move, the less chance we have of getting out of it." I answer.

I tried to take a few steps, but without Stanislas who held me back once more, my ankle would have knocked me down.

"I'll help you walk." Stanislas suggested.

I nodded. "Thanks"

"Where are we going ?" asks Thomas.

I looked around. Two tunels, seemingly identical, opened to them. Obviously. How to find your way in this labyrinth ?

All the Gladers were waiting for me. After all, they were in my world and I had promised to save them.

Suddenly an idea occurred to in my head.

"Newt, come here."

Newt walked over and I looked him dead in the eyes.

"We must go to the camp half-blood. Look at the two tunnels carefully. Which one would you take ?"

"Uh, I don't understand. Aren't you supposed to know the way ? how do you want me to know him ?"

"Newt, you have clear vision. You can perceive the path, see a luminous furrow on the ground. Even demigods cannot see it."

Newt looked at the ground.
"I see nothing."

"Concentrate. Repeat your goal, the camp half-blood. Ask the labyrinth to show you the way."

All the Gladers were looking at me anxiously, probably wondering if I was really mad after all, and I almost was starting to seriously believe I was wrong.

Almost.

As I was losing hope, Newt groaned and looked at me in surprise.

"I see him !" he exclaimed.

"Okay great ! Which way ?"

"Right !"

And we set off like that, following Newt's directions for what seemed like hours, avoiding traps and monsters.

My ankle was preventing me from running, which slowed us down greatly. We were hungry and thirsty, but no one complained.

Minho had joined Stanislas to help me, Thomas was in great discussion with Teresa and Alby was in full argument with Kilianos. The other gladers talk to each other.
In short, we were moving forward.

Newt leads us to an opening between two rocks, which I immediately recognize. How to forget a place where so many companions have fallen in battle ?