28. In Your Eyes

Third Person's P. O. V.

Namjoon sat contemplating what kind of ripples of action could come into effect the moment he would take that heavy title up again.

"Think about it, if you really want to take responsibility of the case again I would like you to do it as a Colonel" he watched as General Lee pushed the gleaming badge towards him "I cannot trust anyone but you on this case, it has been too much of everything already. We lost men, seen a soldier turn to a terrorist and now I learn that brat had dared to take up such an important decision of infiltrating the most dangerous terrorist group all by himself! I do not want anymore issues with it. If we open the case again, we do it to end it!"

Namjoon lifted it up to his eyes, his pride getting an instant boost  the moment he touched the metal. There was no denying it that his very identity was woven to it in an unbreakable bond.

"I will make sure to put some people on it, so you won't become targets again and also it will keep them on their toes. For now all your investigations will be kept covert, but that would also mean I will not be able to help you with any back up. You will be on your own" General Lee cleared "the only problem, I am sorry but Jackson will not be a part of this team because bringing him in would need a lot of explanations and we cannot take that risk if we want to keep it a covert operation".

Namjoon nodded understanding the General's point.

"Just a question Kim, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that he could actually get this reckless" Namjoon could see an unseen smirk flourish on the General's face "he just walked into the den of the dragon because there were arrest warrants on his team? Does that sound normal to you? You really believe you can get him out of there? That brat had always been drunk on revenge and his hatred" "I might sound delusional to you but I had made the same mistake when I gave up on him. I spent years training him, saw him fight through what you and I can never imagine, and if there is something I understood is that Taehyung has the soul of a true soldier" Namjoon stood up grabbing onto his badge with a jolt of determination as he planned to leave "he will fight for what he believes in till his very last breath, and I believe it is my duty to stand by him in this".

"Even if he succeeds in this" the General's voice caught his attention again "there will still be consequences, just because I did not reveal all his secrets does not mean those do not exist" "If you are talking about him being Byun's son then I will tell you something Sir, soldiers are not defined by the blood they carry in their veins but who they choose to bleed for".

Namjoon left the room, his badge tightly clutched in his hand as he tried to calm himself down. He had promised himself the day Jungkook handed him the code that he would clean this mess once and for all, doesn't matter if they wouldn't give him back up or a team.

He has a team, and they are enough.

Months ago when he had given up on his dignity thinking how he had failed everyone as he watched with powerless hands the boy he had trained to become the faith of the nation turn on them to give in to such a vile transgression his head had been trapped in grief and anger, but now he realized how much of a fool he had been, how could he not see that the boy had sacrificed himself to the very group he despised only to make sure that no one was hurt further.

That idiot had decided all by himself to play the part of the hero.

Namjoon had urged Jungkook to keep on being the intermediary link for now, Axel did not need to know what he had confessed to them and this time Jungkook had to become Namjoon's spy to infiltrate Axel and relay information to them. What could be better than slashing them down with their own weapons!