14) Tying the Ends

Louis POV
Once Emma had found Alya tied and gagged in a storage closet, she quickly alerted us.

Considering I was the closest to the fight, I was sent to go and attempt to signal the news to one of our parents.

We knew that most of Paris had spotted us scaling the tower by this point, but we recognized that they wouldn't risk sending a chopper up in the middle of a fight just to get to three idiotic kids.

But that worked in our favor. Luckily, these three idiotic kids were smart enough to anticipate the events of the fight and find the perfect loophole to Lila's plan.

It was too easy: Lila knew that our parents would never do anything to put a civilian in harms way.

When she became too weak to summon an akuma, or a useful one at least, she used her silver tongue and threats to get the miraculous' and take them down in front of all of Paris.

And she was right, mom and dad would never put an innocent at risk just to help themselves.

However, she didn't expect a couple kids to sneak out and volunteer.

The moment Lila saw me waving my arms trying to get mom's attention, the villain's face turned into one of pure fury.

She reached behind her as the others came back to their senses, and pulled her... wings? From off her back.

Uh oh. Was all I had the time to intelligently register as the realization dawned on me.

Those were not wings, they were weapons. They were shields, like Captain America shields, strapped to her back.

As mom and dad lunged forward, one of the shields started getting closer.

And closer.

And then it hit me.

That's when everything went black.

- • - • - • - • -
Emma's POV
Me and my twin had quite the view a couple stories up the tower, a perfect place to keep track of the battle.

Alya, sitting behind us, had quickly recovered from her life as a hostage as she immediately turned on her camera and began recording.

Mom noticed Louis. Good.

Wait, Vixen noticed him too.

Hold on. Is that a-

Before I had time to react to my brother getting hit, Hugo grabbed onto my wrist.

"No." He whispered.

"B-but," I began to sob. "He's hurt! He could be in danger! He could be dead!"

"And we won't be much help to him if we're unconscious too. Mom and Dad know Alya's safe. Trust me, Lila's too weak to fight back. This is almost over."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." I stammered as I turned my head away from the sight of my unmoving brother down below.

Sure enough, Hugo was right. The fight wasn't really much of a fight, and it wrapped up quickly.

Lila wasn't in any condition (mentally or physically) to keep up with the two heroes, and was currently being escorted down by Ladybug.

Chat Noir, however, immediately rushed over towards the side of the tower, where he scooped his unconscious and bruised son into his arms and frantically scoured the spectator-filled park for an ambulance.

"Let's go." I quietly mutter to Hugo and Alya, only stopping at the lookout below us to grab the miraculous box left behind. It had been the least of our parent's priorities.

As we made our way down to the base of the tower, we were surrounded by reporters wondering how we got up there, how we saved the girl, and how our little brother got so hurt.

Luckily, you get some practice with the paparazzi when you're parents are famous, so me and Hugo followed common protocol and escorted Alya through the crowds.

Ladybug and Chat Noir were gone by now, I was sure. They had used their lucky charm and cataclysm to finish off the fight. My suspicions were confirmed when Nino, Adrien and Marinette pushed their way through the crowds and made their way towards the police vehicle we were being questioned at.

Though they looked scared, they also appeared obviously thankful for our disobedient intervention, and relieved that this was all over.