Chapter 2: Roommates Meet and Greet

"Here we are!" Ian told Barley as they arrived at the Tooniversity main office. "Wow this is so cool!" Barley told his brother. They both went up to the receptionist desk and saw a girl duck sitting there. "Oh hello there! You must be the new toons coming from one of those magical places! I'm Daisy Duck and I will be giving you you're dorms and new roommates!" she said happily. "What are your first and last names?"Daisy asked Ian. As Ian was talking to Daisy, Barley noticed a pretty girl walk by with some other girls. He couldn't help but stare at her as she walked away. When the girls were walking away, he heard what looked like a group of hybrid human tortoises with colored bandannas  talking to each other and Barley listened on their conversation. "Leo, she's so hot! You should totally ask her out!" said the red masked one. "I don't know. What if I say something stupid?" said the blue masked one. "According to my calculations, her name is Elsa. Former queen of Arendelle and she has magic ice powers." said the purple masked one. "Coming through!" said a similar looking turtle on a skateboard. He was wearing an orange mask. "Dudes! I totally asked Queen Anna if I can have her number and she said yes!" the orange masked turtle swooned. "See? If Mikey can do it, so can you!" said the red masked turtle. "I guess." said the blue masked turtle. Mikey tapped on Leo's shoulder. "Uh dudes? Some weird blue elf guy is watching us." the orange masked turtle said, pointing at Barley. The turtles all looked at Barley. Barley whistled and turned around as the bell rang. "Here you are! Your class schedules, dorms, and roommates are all set up!" Daisy said. "Thank you Daisy." Ian said as he and Barley headed to their dorms.

                                                                                            ---

Barley and Ian came to their dorms. "This is B40 and B41. We're right next to each other! Cool." Ian said. Suddenly, a bird pooped on Ian's shoulder. "Ewww gross. Where did that come from?" asked Ian. "Sorry about Lovey. She gets attracted to everyone." said a boy. "Oh no problem. It's okay. I'm Ian Lightfoot by the way." Ian said holding out his hand. "Walter Beckett. A pleasure to meet you Ian!" he said as they shook hands. "Hey it looks like we are in the same dorm! Wanna see my cool gadgets?" Walter asked. Ian nodded and started to follow Walter. "What about me?" Barley asked. But Ian accidentally closed the door on Barley. Barley sighed, "Oh well. Here's to me meeting new people." Barley said and walked into his dorm. The dorm was pretty quiet. But all Barley heard was some music. "Well here goes...OUCH!" Barley said and stepped on something. He looked down and noticed a little Lego guy. "Hey buddy. Do you mind?" the Lego guy said. "Oops sorry. Here." Barley said as he held out his hand for the little guy. "Thanks! Hey you look like the new guy! Name's Emmett Brickowski! Daisy told us about you!" Emmett said.  Barley grinned, "Barley. Nice to meet ya!" Barley said shaking Emmett's hand with his finger. Then a bald headed kid with a red shirt and dark glasses jumped on Barley. "Who goes there?" he said in his British accent. "Geez Nigel why do you always have to jump on new people?" said another boy who just walked in. "Yeah dude not cool." said another. Nigel chuckled. "Whoops." he said. "Whoa an elf dude? Coolio!" said the last boy who walked in. "Now since we all know each other, let's introduce ourselves. Everyone this is Barley." Emmett said while Barley smiled and waved. Nigel walked up to Barley and did a hmph. "Nigel Uno. Main leader of Kids Next Door Sector 5." Nigel said handing Barley his business card. "I'm Twister Rodriguez and this is Jake Long." said Twister. Jake suddenly coughed out smoke. "Um what just happened to him?" Barley asked. Then Jake turned into a red dragon. "A shapeshifter? Nice!" Barley said high-fiving Jake. The bell rang. "Better get to class." Twister said and all the guys headed out as some toons flocked to their classes.