Chapter 6: Let the Game Begin!

"Everybody let's get ready to rumble!!!" the announcer said. "First team out, we got The Baddies!!!" Everyone clapped and cheered at The Baddies as The Baddies started lining up on the field. "Last but not least, the one and only team Barley!!!" the announcer yelled and the whole crowed roared with cheers. Anna and Elsa were in the bleachers as Anna tapped Elsa's shoulder. "Isn't that the elf you were talking about?" Anna asked her sister. Barley saw Elsa and winked at her and did a small wave as Elsa blushed and did the same to Barley. "Yes it is." Elsa said. "Uh-huh." Anna teased. The announcer read the rules out to everybody. "And especially, most important of all, NO MAGIC IS ALLOWED!!!" Barley and his team huddled close. "Ok guys you know what to do." Barley said as he and his team chatted. The Baddies huddled also on the other side of the field. "You guys know the plan, beat those brats like you've never beat anyone before!" Hades said. "Let the game begin!" the announcer cried out as everyone cheered. Barley was the quarterback for his team and called out the numbers. "HIKE!" Barley said and threw the ball. Vince caught and ran as the announcer called out the game play. "Alvin, catch!" Vince said throwing the ball to Alvin. Alvin ran and caught until he was blocked by Chernabog, the big black demon. "Where do you think you're going?!" Chernabog growled as Alvin saw a chance to get by him. "Under and out!" Alvin said as Alvin slid under Chernabog. Alvin passed the ball to Raph who scored a touchdown. "Touchdown!!! Barley's team!" said the announcer as he gave Barley's team a point. Barley's team was really getting into it. They scored point after point. Elsa watched and cheered from the bleachers as she watched Barley score. He's so handsome out on the field, Elsa thought to herself "Now it's time for the halftime show! Let's see what those cheerleaders can do!" the announcer said as the players headed back to the locker room. "Good job everyone!" Barley said and high fived his teammates. "That was so cool! I totally took that ball from the ferocious beast!" Alvin said showing off his muscles. "Did you see that touchdown?! It was tight!" Raph said hugging Vince and Nelson. Then it was time to go back on to the field. Suddenly Barley thought he heard Elsa call his name inside the locker room which was weird for it was guys only. "You coming Barley?" Vince asked him. "You go ahead, I'll be right there." Barley told Vince. "If you say so." Vince said and walked away. Barley followed what he thought was Elsa's voice until he got to a dark area with one light flickering. The light shone down on what looked like Ian's staff. Why would Ian's staff be here?  Barley thought to himself. Then Barley heard voices again but this time, they were more evil and demonic sounding. Go ahead, take the staff. You will become a better wizard than anybody would ever be! the voices said. Barley was tempted to take it but he knew his team mates, dorm mates, and especially Ian would be upset. Especially if he used magic. The voices came again. Come on, don't you want to impress the girl? You will be more powerful than ever. Take it. Take it, the voices kept saying. How do you know about Elsa? Barley asked the voices in his head. That doesn't matter just take it and you will get the girl you've dreamed of.  Barley couldn't handle the voices in his head. The voices in Barley's head kept calling his name over and over again. He knew he shouldn't do it but he wanted to impress Elsa. With Ian's staff, Barley could do great things! Suddenly, Raph interrupted."Barley! Hurry up man! The game starts any minute!" Raph called out. Barley couldn't take it anymore and took Ian's staff with him as he headed out to the field.