Chapter 3: Classes and Tutoring

Barley was headed off to English class with Owl. Everyone was just arriving as Barley sat at his desk in the back of the class. As he was listening to rock music, he noticed someone he had seen when he first got to Tooniversity. It was the beautiful girl he saw while waiting at the office. "Alright everyone, papers out and pencils ready!" Owl said as he flew on in. Barley opened his notebook and hid when the girl was looking at him. She giggled at Barley and turned to face the front. Barley blushed and that's when a spitball was thrown at him. A big black demon and an Arabic-like looking male stared at Barley and Barley gulped. The demon and man high fived each other. "Class please turn your books to Chapter 3 of A Toon's Life." Owl said and everyone groaned. As Owl read, Barley couldn't help but stare at the girl's white hair that glowed like snow. Another spitball was thrown and Barley looked at the two troublemakers. One was batting their eyelashes while the other laughed. Barley rolled his eyes and continued to look at his book. After class, Barley walked to his locker to put his stuff away. Then he noticed the girl walking his way. Barley gulped and hid inside his locker. The girl kept putting stuff away and then walked off. Barley peeked behind his locker and noticed the girl giving a little pig and his friend some ice cream as the pig thanked her and walked away with his friend and ice cream. Barley smiled at her kindness. It made him feel giddy inside. He stood up and went to his next class. 

                                                                                                  ---

Leo headed over to the library to see his tutor. Ok I'll do it...I can't...I could...but I won't... Leo thought to himself and sat down to wait for his tutor to arrive, fiddling his thumbs. Leo dropped his pencil and picked it up. While picking it up, he said, "I'll be right there." he said. "Take your time." said a voice. He recognized the voice and noticed it was Elsa. Suddenly, he bonked his head on the table and stood up. "El---whoa!" Leo tripped and fell over a chair as a librarian shushed him. "Need some help?" Elsa said and reached out her hand to help Leo. Leo blushed. "Thank you." Leo said. There was a long pause. "So should we get started?" Elsa asked. Leo looked at her with a loving gaze and suddenly told Elsa, "You're beautiful," then he erased the daze. "I mean I'm beautiful. You're beautiful! I mean, no, that's not..." Leo said as Elsa put her hand on his. "It's okay. We all get a little nervous on the first try." Elsa said and Leo nodded. Then they started working.

                                                                                             ---

Barley was finished eating lunch in the cafeteria and headed out to the football field. Everyone was practicing sports and doing their own recreational activities. Barley sat on the bleachers and listened to rock music. That's when he noticed the girl again with her friends. He watched as some practiced throwing and shooting things at a target. Then the girl went up to shoot and snowballs came out of her hands as she hit the target directly in the center. No wonder those turtles said she has ice powers Barley thought to himself. Barley was impressed as the girl hugged her friends. The bell rang and everyone went off to their classes.