25. Confession

"When I was a kid, I always loved going out with my Dad," Sonakshi says as she remembers her childhood. She was basically provoking him to talk to her. 

He smiles looking at her.

"Mom was always jealous about it." She laughs and covers him with the blanket.

"Wow!! I would have liked my mom more." He says with a smile.

"Why?" She was curious.

"Of course she's so beautiful." He laughs.

"Yes, she is!!"

"You miss your family doesn't you?" He asks.

"Sometimes." She smiles. "Okay, good night. Take care." She says as she gets up to go back to her room.

His phone rings after a while. It was a restricted number.

"Hello," said Dev.

"Hi, Darling. You remember my voice don't you!!"

"M..mmm...mamaji!"

"Good boy. Now just come to me as soon as possible."

"I'm never coming back to you. And if I do... remember that you'll die by my hands."

"Why so angry! I kept you as a prince and you're talking me this way!!" His voice was calm.

"Just shut the fuck up."

"Are you staying with your first love? Are you planning to tell her about your past? Do you think she'll stand by your side even after knowing you?" He laughs.

Dev's eyes welled up with tears.

"She'll treat you as a patient and will leave you when you're cured." He adds.

Dev disconnects the call.

*

The next morning when Dev wakes up, he finds Sonakshi sitting by his side. Her hands were wrapped around his and her head was placed beautifully on his bed. She was fallen asleep sitting by his side.

He was mesmerized by her beauty. She was like an angel to him. He was smiling on his own.

Will she really leave him once more?

She opens her eyes and sits up. "Are you alright?" She asks worriedly.

"Why?... Did I do something last night?" He asks.

Will he be lonely without her again?

"Just your panic attacks... It's okay I've given you the medicines. Freshen up yourself and we'll do breakfast." She says.

Will she be able to live without him?

"Sonakshi" he calls before she leaves the room.

"Yes," she turns.

"I... I... want to tell you something." He says hesitantly.

"Yes, Dev" she sits back again.

Will she not miss him?

"Umm.... I want some coffee..." He says ignoring her eyes.

How can he look at them? What is he supposed to do with that beautiful person with a beautiful heart?

"Okay..." She knew he wants to say something that he can't. And of course, she's gonna understand him this time as well.

Today, Dev decided to go to work. He wants to clear his mind. Although Sonakshi tried to stop him he never listened.