The Great Escape - part 3

Part 3

You found yourself digging deeper through the tough earth until finding an exit that lead to certain death.

It was either jump to what would be a messy introduction to hell, or facing those who kidnapped you.

You chose the less-daunting decision and scrabbled for the footholds along the face of the cliff. It was slippery and kept disappearing out from under you, but you were determined to reach the other side where you could rest.

"Well look who we have here." Platinum chuckled. "You're quite the little spider-monkey, aren't you? Climbing along these cliffs." He lifted you up by the collar, wreaking havoc in your mind. What could've happened if you had fallen, what would follow if you disobeyed him more.....

"You. Don't. Scare. Me." You put up a mental block and he shook you.

"Do you not understand, you stupid girl? I could crush your skull within seconds and simply toss your rag doll corpse away."

"But you won't." You chuckled. "Something is holding you back." You gazed deeply into his brown, almost-black eyes and saw the truth. "There is someone you don't want to disappoint; someone beyond powerful who controls your life." You had him in your agonizing clutches as he fell to his knees, caught up in the trance you'd mastered from a friend's ancient grandmother.

"Y/N! You're okay." Edgar rushed to you from his secret hiding spot and laughed at the mentally-terrified vampires you had ignited since the time they kidnapped you. "I take it the knife worked." He examined your handiwork.

"As soon as I got the chance, I struck." You laughed. "The solution will cause hallucinations for a few days, but the stupor won't last long." You cried before driving away on the back of Edgar's motorcycle and hearing the vengeful roar of David.