IV - 2

I walk up to my apartment and want to open the door but find that I forgot my keys this morning. It shouldn't bring me down so much but at that moment it feels devastating. I let myself fall against the door head-on. My forehead slams against it and I will definitely have a bump later.

I breathe in deep, hold my breath and then release the air. Trying to calm me down, preventing another breakdown. Then unexpectedly the door gets torn open. The slam against the door had to be really loud. I fall further forward and I brace myself for impact but someone catches me.

"Mick", Andrew shouts into the apartment, "Come help me. He's too heavy for me." It feels so nice how Andrew holds me. Then I feel Mick's hand on me as well and together they drag me in and put me down on the couch. I open my eyes and see them leaning over me.

"You okay Koda?", Andrew asks. He is so sweet. I don't want to tell him that I am not fine, that I am not okay, but my face kind of betrays me.

"Hug?", Mick asks and I nod. Seconds later I am wrapped in four arms and my head rests on Mick's shoulder.

"You want some chocolate cake? Andrew made some", Mick asks after a while.

I nod. Andrew's hands leave my body and without thinking, I grab them and pull them back. I don't want him to leave.

"Koda, you have to let him go if you want chocolate cake", Mick says to me. So after a second of accepting that I need to let him go, I do. But just under non-verbal protest.

Andrew stands up and walks over to the kitchen. A few moments later he comes back with a plate full of little chocolate cakes.

"I don't know if they are any good but I wanted to make something for you guys. As a thank you for being my friends and for you Koda telling me."

We separate a bit and take a piece each. I make sure I have some skin on skin contact with both of them. Right now it is the only thing I need. Then we take our first bite. I have to be honest, it isn't the best chocolate cake that I ever had. It had been too long in the oven and I would have put more chocolate in it, but it is still a good cake. I take another bite.

"So you look better!", Mick says sounding like he doesn't know how to start asking what he really wants to know. I am sure Andrew told him everything I told Andrew this morning.

This morning! It sounds funny to think about how much happened between this morning and now. But Mick is right. Even though I am not that excited as I was when I left the apartment to speak to Thomas I feel ... happy? No. Content? No. Hopeful? Yeah maybe hopeful is the right word. I turn toward Mick and smile. It still takes a little bit of effort to smile.

"Yeah, I feel better than yesterday", I tell Mick.

"So, what happened? Where were you after you left this morning?", Mick asks almost scared. Was he scared of the answer? Where does he think I went? Now I was getting scared. Not a good thing in my not so stable emotional state.

"I went to Thoams' place", I confess. Mick visibly relaxed. Andrew gives him an eye roll but I can see that he too is more relaxed now.

"Thank god", Mick says.

"Why? Where do you think I went?", I want to know. Mick opens his mouth but then stops and freezes in motion. His eye show signs of panic. His mind surely went to some weird place if that was his reaction.

"He thought you went out to sleep with a client", Andrew answers for him. Instantly Mick boxes Andrew on the arm.

"Ow!" Andrew holds his arm. "Why did you hit me? It's the truth."