Chapter 48: Waiting for the end

As the month of Feburary came and went, the entirety of SEES was anxious. For one large group, was wondering whether or not this whole 'going back in time' thing would work. When they asked you how you were, or if you were feeling alright, they would take every "I'm doing fine" or "I feel fine" with a grain of salt. They want to believe you, they truly do. But after the last time, they need to see you live past graduation day.

You on the other hand, was anxious for another, dreadful reason. The coming of Erebus. Elizabeth told you that this being was a physical manifestation of the people's negative emotions. It is a horrible monster that will kill until it is satisfied. And with the Dark Hour gone, where the hell is it going to appear? Not only that...

Thanatos and Messiah will not shut up.

After a week of defeating Nyx, you soon learned that Thanatos is pretty much exactly like Ryoji. And Messiah is, of course, you. And now for some godforsaken reason, since you unlocked two of your most powerful and ultimate Personas, they now have a specific voice in your head. Usually, you could only communicate by summoning summoning them, but no.

Not Thanatos and Messiah.

They just chat it up in your head. And it gets especially annoying during moments like these, while you are in class and they just talk about random stuff.

Thanatos: I'm telling you, he will not get caught, it's perfect!

Messiah: It's completely against his standards.

Thanatos: He's banging eleven girls, what's hiding in one of the old lockers in the girl's locker room against his standards?!

Y/n: Maybe because I'm not a complete pervert like you Ryoji. Now can the both of you shut up? I have to focus on this test.

Thanatos: But think about all the hot babes you can look at!

Y/n: Firstly, I don't care. Secondly, I can look at all the 'hot babes' I want to at anytime. They are called my girlfriends for a reason.

Thanatos: Man, you're no fun.

Messiah: Being in a relationship isn't about having fun, but being faithfully loving to your partner, or in this case, partners.

Y/n: Yes, now please. Let me focus for the next half hour, then you can talk all you want.

Thankfully they listened to you and you were able to finish the test. After you were finally done, you handed the test to your teacher and was dismissed for the remainder of class. You went out to the courtyard and sat up against the tree, resting your eyes.

Four: Oh, you finished as well?

You opened your eye to see Four standing there. She had a smile on her face but also looked concerned and worried. They have been giving you that look a lot recently, and always asking if you are okay or if you feel weird.

Y/n: Yep, just got done. How'd you do?

Four: I think I passed it. You?

Y/n: I'm a little iffy about it.

You mentally blame the two Persona in your head. She sat next to you and leaned her head on your shoulder.

Y/n: Four, I want you to tell me the truth. Why are all of you so worried about me right now?

Four: Oh... I umm... you see...

She couldn't think of anything on the spot, or at least nothing that made sense. So, mentally apologizing to the others, she explains everything.

Y/n: So this is a separate reality? In the last one I died?

Four: I know. It sounds insane and you probably think that I need to get myself checked out.

Y/n: No, I actually believe you. I mean, how else would Three have had Thanatos's card?

Four: I suppose that's true.

Y/n: But I promise you Four, I'm fine. This time I actually defeated Nyx. This time, I'm not leaving you.

She said nothing, but began to tear up.

Y/n: Four?

Suddenly she threw herself at you and kissed you. You hit the ground but didn't let the kiss break as you returned it. She pulled away and you saw that she was crying hard. She put her head against your chest and you let her cry.

Four: Do... do you sw-swear to keep your promise this time?

Y/n: Yes, I promise. I won't ever leave you again.

You held the shaking girl as she cried, rubbing her head to try and comfort her. You look over to see everyone else has walked up.

Meggy: What the... why's Four crying?

Three: Don't tell me...

Y/n: It's not what you think. Four told me what happened. And like I told her, I'm not going anywhere.

They soon began to cry as you gave them the news. As they all ran over to hug you, they felt something within them change, new power coursing through them as their own Personas went through a second awakening.

After everyone calmed down, you explained your story. You told them all about Erebus and its coming at the end of the month.

Three: So even after all of this, we still aren't done?

Desti: Well, with Y/n here with us from now on, I'm sure that we can beat this thing. All of my faith is in Y/n.

Bobble: Same here!

Headphones: We will always be there with him!

Meggy: Through thick and thin!

Four: Forever.

Three: Well what do you say Y/n, care to join us for one last battle?

Y/n: Well, I say let's save the world.

With a cheer, you and the others plan for the final battle with Erebus.