The Reluctant Bride - Tywin x Reader

I know Tywin is a little OOC, but I wanted him to have a bit of a softer side in this.

"NO! I won't do it father, and there is nothing you can do or say that will make me." (Y/n) yelled, pacing her father's private chambers as he watched on.

"You will do as I say (Y/n), we are a small house, and we need to secure an alliance, and what better house to do that with than the Lannister's?" Her father told her, taking no notice of his daughters distressed state.

"But why Tywin? He is old enough to be my grandfather, he is gruff, mean, and rude, with no heart; why would you promise me to him?" She asked, stopping and staring at her mother, pleading for her to interject.

"I did not promise you to him (Y/n), Tywin asked for you; he wants you to be his new wife, and that is what you are going to be, and that is final." Her father said, rising from his chair.

"But why would he want me? I have nothing to offer him. He has three heirs, what does he need a new wife for?" (Y/n) protested, following her father out of his room.

"You are no fool (Y/n) so stop acting like one. You know exactly why a man like Tywin would want a girl like you; you are beautiful, intelligent, strong, and you are a lady from a good house. He may be an older man, but he has the same desires as any other man, and you my dear daughter have turned his head. He may already have three heirs, but like everyone else from here to Kings landing, you know that he has no love for any of his children, especially the imp; you are young and healthy enough to give him as many heirs as his heart may desire, and that is what you will do. You will be a dutiful wife and perform any task that he asks of you; you will give him children, and my grandchildren will carry the Lannister name, and this house will prosper." Her father told her, growing impatient of his daughter's objections.

"You make me sound like some prized breeding cow that is being sold at market to the highest bidder! You may have sold me into marriage to that dirty old man, but that does not mean that I will take him into my bed; and there is nothing that either you, or the great Tywin Lannister will be able to do about it." An irate (Y/n) told her father, as she turned and ran off down the corridors of the castle.

                                                         >>-----------------------------------<<

The days had passed too quickly, and before she knew it (Y/n) was saying a tearful goodbye to her mother. (Y/n) knew that she may not see her mother for some time, if ever again; Tywin was not known to be a sentimental or soft man, and (Y/n) knew that she would probably never be able to return to her homeland, so as she kissed her mother, she took one last look at the only home she had ever known.

The journey to Kings Landing was proving a long, uncomfortable, and boring one, as the only company that (Y/n) had was Anya her handmaiden. Tywin seemed to be against (Y/n) bringing anything or anyone with her from her home, but luckily Anya was a concession that Tywin had made to supposedly ensure the comfort of his future bride. Anya was much older than (Y/n), a kind, supportive and sensible woman that was always by (Y/n)'s side when she needed her and had become very much a second mother to the younger lady.

"It looks like we are almost there my lady, thank the gods." Anya said, as she looked out of the window of the carriage.

"Do you think that the great old lion would notice if we just turned around and head back for home?" (Y/n) asked, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

She had no desire to go to the capital, and certainly no desire to come face to face with the old man that was to be her husband.

"Unfortunately, my lady, I believe that he would notice. Lord Lannister is expecting his beautiful future bride to be with him today, to start her new life by his side; and you know that if we did turn around and go home, your father would just send you back. You know how important an alliance with a strong house is for your family; I know that you would have never chose this for yourself, but maybe Lord Lannister won't be as bad as everyone says." Anya said, taking (Y/n)'s hands in hers.