Her Past Life

A/N: So this is the first chapter I've ever written so yeah, enjoy! And feel free to point out any mistakes! Feedback is always welcome!

It was a cold windy day in the midst of winter. The streets were covered with a thin blanket of snow, and strong gusts of freezing wind blew the handful of leaves that remained attached to the surrounding trees. No birds could be heard and the snow muffled the few sounds that nature made. Nature was coming to a standstill and so was life.

On one of those streets a young girl was walking down the winter scenery, with her she carried a school backpack. She walked at a slow pace, after all, there wasn't any reason for her to hurry-the high school she went to was only ten minutes away from her house- and as always, she knew she'd reach her destination early. A small humming could be heard from the girl's rosy lips as her thoughts were occupied by the lyrics of the song that was currently blasting in her ears. The loud music was the only thing that was keeping the tired girl awake as the previous night was filled with cramming for the chemistry test she had that day. A big yawn escaped her mouth and a feeling of tiredness enveloped her, making her curse her brain for not being able to turn off and allowing her to go to sleep right after finishing her chemistry review.

However, her moment of silence was interrupted by a loud singsong voice exclaiming "Wiiiiillowwwww!!!!", followed by hands snaking around her backpack wrapping the girl in a hug.

Willow didn't have to guess who it was, the sweet and energetic voice belonged to none other than her best friend, Stella. The mere thought of her best friend caused a small smile to bloom on her previously serious face, making her round russet eyes wrinkle and small dimples appear on her round and pinkish cheeks.

"Oh, good morning" replied Willow exhaustion evident in her voice,

"Wiiiill!!! I have been screaming your name for like two minutes now!!" Stella complained while puffing her cheeks with fake annoyance,

"Oh, I'm sorry Stel, honestly, I didn't even hear you calling", she chuckled at Stella's chipmunk-like expression while sliding her headphones around her neck.

Stella's face softened, "You sound exhausted, did you not sleep again last night?", she asked voice full of concern,

"Not even a wink."

"Did you have a migraine like last time?"

"No! Because if that was the case I would just take a couple of aspirins and be done with it." said Willow angrily as she continued to walk down the road while Stella followed behind her, "Well then, what was it this time?"

"My brain just wouldn't shut off. Well, it did for like half an hour, during which I think I had a nightmare.", she replied full of worry.

"Α nightmare?" asked Stella

"Yeah, I practically jumped up from my bed drenched in sweat and I remember the feeling of being enveloped in heat and someone telling me to beware of fire," Willow explained.

"Damn, that's kinda creepy, especially the warning." Said Stella, while looking a little bit paler than before.

"Yeah, I know but that's not the only thing that happened. Well, other than the fact that I was soaked from head to toe in sweat when I woke up, I had this distinct feeling of dread, like a constant pressure on my chest. It was as if someone had put weights on me, to the point I couldn't breathe properly.", said Willow.

"Ok, I think I need a new pair of pants now!" exclaimed a terrified Stella, "Seriously, girl, what is happening to your brain this week? First, it starts with simple headaches in the morning, then to migraines all day and now nightmares at night!"