Issues

Toni

i had just gotten home from my photo shoot and i was so happy with the photos i took. when i walked upstairs to cheryls room i found her sitting on the bed reading a book in a oversized t-shirt, shorts, and her hair was down and wet. it looked like she had just gotten out of the shower.

"hey babe," i kneel on the bed and lean in for a kiss but she doesn't comply "um.. k." i kiss her on the cheek.

"i'm gonna go take a shower. don't you think you should dry your hair like always?"

she finally turned her attention to me after closing her book. "oh yeah. of course. i honestly forgot." she finishes with a little laugh and followed me into the bathroom.

her bathroom is pretty big so the shower is around the corner from the sink. i made my way to the shower, turned it on so the water could warm up, and changed into my towel. after i changed into my towel i walked back around the corner to find cheryl at the sink, drying her hair with the blow dryer. i walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and began to kiss her neck.

   "toni i'm busy" she sighed.

   i stopped kissing her neck and rested my chin on her shoulder, looking at her through the mirror.

   she turned off the blow drier and placed it down. she turned around in my arms. "toni there's no time for this. you should go take your shower, you had a long day."

   "i always have time for you..." i said with furrowed eyebrows.

   "i didn't say you didn't.." she closed her eyes and sighed before continuing "just- i'm going to go to bed."

   as cheryl walked out of the bathroom, toni leaned against the counter staring in the mirror with a sigh. "oh cher.. what's happening to us?"

after tonis shower

   both cheryl and i were in bed when i turned to face her. she remained on her back.

   "cher?"

   "yes toni?" she said with a hint of annoyance and her eyes still closed.

   "are you mad at me or something?"

   she opened her eyes and turned to face me. "what are you talking about?"

   "you have been very distant lately.. for the past week or so." i look away and my heart feels nothing but heavy. i start to feel tears collecting in my eyes because i want us to work out, i need her to stick with me. "if you're feeling like this" i gesture between us "isn't what you want...there's nothing i can do. i'm helpless" the tears start streaming down my face.

Cheryl

   my poor toni. i didn't realize i was acting this way towards her. she's laying here crying because she thinks i don't want her. i pull her into a hug and stroke her beautiful pink locks as she cries into my chest.

   "oh tt. i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to be this way towards you"

   she pulls away and stares into my eyes waiting for an explanation.

   i sigh. "you see, this is the week where my poor jj died and it's just been a lot for me to handle"

   "cher... why didn't you tell me? i'm here for you no matter what. whatever you go through i go through. you shouldn't have to feel this pain alone."

   "i know tt and i'm sorry."

   she takes a big deep breath before sitting up, causing me to copy her actions. "cher, i love you."

   she loves me.

   i just sat there dumbfounded.

   "you don't have to say it back but i d-"

   i crashed my lips into hers not knowing what else to do. once i pulled away for air, she placed her hands on my face leaning our foreheads together. we sat in a comfortable silence for a while until i spoke up.

   "i love you too tt"

very short but soft. i didn't do any spelling or grammar checks so if you see any don't mind then lol. enjoy :)