Game of Chess

Shivaay smirked, as he shared his victory with Mishra over the call.
His bluish green eyes turned into greenish blue, sign of his victory.

" I got the power of attorney of her property" he said, as he exchanged his transport, from a auto to a car.

He sat in there, with a change In posture, the employee Few minutes back, the owner now.
Owner of his own empire and of her's too.
He widened his chest, put his head on the headrest and closed his eyes.

" Would you come home, I don't think you should be alone today"
He heard Mishra say from the other side.

" I would go home, accompanied by my loneliness.
Which day can be better to celebrate the darkness than today"
He said in a hollow voice, disheartening Mishra.

"What did you do? " Twisha exclaimed, frustration evident from her voice.

"What do you mean" Annika said, involved in her work.

" You know who he is, he Is The Shivaay Singh oberoi! I doubted him from day one and got a person to spy on him. Morning, I heard him talk to someone, he got the property papers signed from you today. He cheated you. I tried to warn you, but you were so enchanted by him, you didn't spare a glance at me."
Twisha said or rather shouted.

" What" Annika exclaimed, as she gets up and banged her hands with the table.

She sat on the chair with a thud, lowered her eyes and started rubbing her forehead. Her face fell down, disappointed on herself.

" Do something, stop him from getting the papers registered, otherwise we would lose everything"

"What would I do now?" Annika sniffed,defeated.

" Ha ha ha" twisha heard a sound of laughter, she turned around confused, to look for the source of the voice.
The office is empty, so who dared to laugh on their misery.

The voice of the laughter increased.
She was shocked to see her laugh.

Yes, it was Annika, laughing her heart out, evilly.

To say twisha was shocked would be an understatement. Had she gone mad, she thought. Or she didn't know how to react to the misery.

Twisha came out of her thoughts as she felt a hand on her shoulders.
"Laugh with me" she said, confusing Twisha even more.

Annika moved back towards her table, sat on her chair and put one leg over another, authoritatively.
Her laughter stopped, and her eyes started reddening.
Twisha couldn't read her emotions, she was habituated to her poker face.

" I know from the very first day that he is shivaay Singh oberoi. The moment I glanced at his eyes, I knew it was him.
I didn't even have to read his name or resume for it.
But when I did, I was shocked on how stupid can a man be. He kept his name the name. He felt just by omitting his last name, he would fool Me."
" Huh" she said with a smirk, accompanied by red eyes.

Twisha stood there, trying to digest the information she just received.

" The contract I got him sign, when he joined our company as my PA, included the papers which state that I have the power of attorney to his property!
Though I didn't get them registered till now, I was giving him a chance.
Not so stone hearted, you see"

Twisha made an expression, as if the world around her had started revolving. Annika smiled, seeing her expressions.

Exactly after five minutes, Annika heard twisha's voice.

" All that is fine, but what about the fact he took the power of attorney for our property"

Annika smirked

"You think I would have allowed him to do that!
I got the papers exchanged with fake property papers!"

Is she actually so smart, twisha thought.

Annika sighed in relief, looking you, as if talking to someone above, non verbally.

Twisha can near, put a hand on Annika's shoulder.

" You can bring your emotions out, I know you might be feeling weak today! I haven't seen you cry after that day ever."

" Di, can you please leave me alone for a while. I will come home soon. Please get the power of attorney papers registered."

Twisha nodded and left the cabin.

Annika tightened her fist and closed her eyes.
It was the day, that fateful day.
She opened the drawer in front, and brought his photo out.

She rubbed her hand over the picture.

" The very day I lost you, papa. Why did you go to those traitors house? You went to never come back.
I trusted them as much as I trusted you.
But they snatched you away from me and today I snatched everything away from their son"
Annika said and let out a laughter, a psychotic one.

She was laughing. She didn't know whether she was laughing over him or herself.
Whether she was laughing cause he is going to lose everything or she was laughing on how she gave him a chance.
How he betrayed her!
What should she expect from the son of betrayers?
The people she loved as her own parents, were the reason she is orphan today.
She could have registered the papers that very day, but she saw the known innocence in his eyes and delayed it.
And now here she is, thinking how she made a joke of herself.

He reached his home, wanting the loneliness to engulf him completely.
That's the only way he could deal with this day.
The day when he lost everything, and was gifted with loneliness.

He looked at the portrait of his parents and smiled.
Switching off every source of illumination, he sat down below the portrait, at his parents feet.

He felt an urge, a wierd feeling.
He tried to control it, push that feeling down
He rubbed his chest, over the heart.
But finally the instinct overpowered and he got up, opened the door and left to go somewhere.

He didn't want to get accompanied by loneliness today, strangely. 

So guys here is the new update.
Please do give your feedback.
I wanna inform you all that this would be a short story mostly about  10 updates.
Hope you are liking the story.
And please do criticise where required too.