Distance

Annika opened her eyes, moist, and realised the position in which they were. She looked up to see him already staring at her with care.
She seperated from him and looked away. The atmosphere became strangely silent.
Annika missed the sound which soothed her, rhythm of his heartbeat.

A minute of seperation, and she started missing his embosom. How can she let herself be so weak, how can she let herself be dependent, how can she let herself feel any emotion?

Before her fist sized organ attempted to make her feel any more emotions, she got up with a jerk and walked away leaving a confused shivaay behind.

Shivaay sat back there, in the same posture Annika left him, his hands stuck in the air, which were resting on Annika's shoulder earlier.
He missed the warmth, the touch with calmed him.
He smiled at the realization that touch can be soothing .

Annika reached her cabin and put her hand over her chest, her racing heart.
She drank a full bottle of water in a sip and tried to relax herself.

" I have to maintain distance from him. How did I even allow myself to fall weak in fron of him when he is the reason of every misery in my life" Annika muttered angrily and threw the bottle away.

She picked up her bag and left the office.
Shivaay rushed down to talk to Annika,only to see Annika leaving in her car.
He sniffed and thought of meeting her the other day.

A new day, Annika thought as she entered her office .
Last evening, those moments didn't exist for her, they didn't matter.
That's what Annika tried to make herself believe.
She entered her cabin and ordered Twisha to not let anyone inside as she was apparently busy in some very important work.

Shivaay reached the office and sat on his desk, mentally preparing himself to have a heart to heart conversation with Annika.
He laughed at his own thought, he was  going to have a heart to heart conversation with his heartless boss.

" She has the most delicate heart" he muttered .

On the other side, Annika continously stared at shivaay, trying to guage his actions and thoughts.
At once shivaay looked at her through the glass window and Annika immediately looked the other side, trying to appear non-chalant.

She heard something beating fast inside herself, it was her heart.
His mere appearance affected her.
She couldn't afford that to happen!

She was lost in her thoughts when saw twisha enter her cabin without a knock.

" Annika I want to share a very important information to you" twisha muttered with anger evident on her face.

" I told you to let be stay alone, please go out I have some really important work." Annika replied and started typing on her laptop.

" Annika it's really important" twisha screamed as she turned Annika's chair towards herself.

Annika immediately stood up from her chair and banged her hands on the table
" Can't you understand what I just said.
Leave me alone means leave me alone. I call you my di, doesn't mean you will always come into my private space. Just get out right now"
Annika said while pointing her hand towards the door.

" Fine" twisha shouted " I came here for your own benefit , but if that is interference in your space, I will leave. Then don't come to me telling I didn't warn you"
Twisha moved out, banging the door.

Annika rubbed her fingers over hear forehead.
She had never talked to Twisha this way. She had never talked to anyone in this manner. She never lost her calm and let her emotions over power her actions. Her ability to be indifferent in every situation was her strength.
She was losing her strength, and the cause was shivaay.

Annika looked out of her cabin and saw shivaay getting up.
Probably he was going to come to her.
She immediately took her phone and called shivaay

" There are some really important files in the storeroom which have to be searched. I can't trust anyone else with it. Go to the storeroom and get the files , I have already given the list to Miss gunjan, please take it from her"

" Ok...but"

Before Shivaay could say anything , Annika hang up the call.

Annika sat on her chair and let out a sigh of relief.
For some time, she won't see shivaay's face and she would be able to introspect and plan her further actions.
Her beating heart won't be a hindrance to her conspiring brain .

Shivaay moved towards the store room, disheartened.
He had wished to interact with Annika.
His greedy heart wanted some more of her comfort, comfort he had not got from years.
He felt like a child yearning from motherly protection, soft yet strong.

He switched on the lights of the store room and started searching for the enlisted files.
He was engrossed in his work when suddenly someone pulled him from behind and thrashed him towards the wall.

He was so shocked from the series of events that he couldn't react.

" You think you are so smart that you would plan against me"

The person said and banged his hands against the wall, clutching them tightly.

Shivaay felt his heartbeat raise in response to the touch. He fisted his palms tightly, to control his shivering hands. His legs started to tremble.
He felt suffocated.

" I know your ....Tr..truth" shivaay spoke with much difficulty.
" I would not let...."

Before he could speak, he felt a palm pressed over his mouth tightly, which only led to muffled voices.

This was it, it reminded him of that trauma. He attempted but couldn't keep a hold over himself. The same scenes flashed in front of his eyes and before he could think of anything, he fell on the floor.

" You won't be able to protect her"
He heard before he closed his eyes.

On the other side, Annika was feeling restless. She couldn't get his thoughts out of her mind.

" Why do I feel he is in some trouble" Annika whispered to herself as she rubbed her hand over her chest.

" Why should I even think about the man who decieved me"
Annika thought as she sat on the chair,with closed eyed.

Flashes of how shivaay interwined his fingers with her in an attempt to console her Came in front of her eyes.
He let go of his fears for her, she couldn't help but think about that.

She took her phone and called him. He didn't receive.

" I did my part. He didn't pick up, his mistake" she muttered and started doing her work.

So guys here is the new update..
Do give your feedback.

Who do you think is there in the storeroom with shivaay?
What do you think will happen next?