☀️~The Goons~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

I woke up and I didn't want to be at my house. My brother had always creeped me out, and while my mom was at work I wasn't staying alone with him.

I decided to go to the DX for some gum and soda. I made it there just fine and walked in. There were two people at the counter. There was one in a uniform and one in a grey shirt.

I saw the one in the blue shirt give me a smile and kept looking at me. He was gorgeous, but not really my type. The person in the grey turned around when I got closer.

It was Darry! He instantly had a small smile, I could tell he was trying to hide it.

"Hello Darrel." I smiled at him and put my stuff on the counter. The other boy smirked at Darry and Darry turned a bit red.

Darrel cleared his throat and introduced me to the other boy. "This is my kid brother Sodapop." I gave him a smile.
"Hiya Soda! I'm Mackenzie." He smiled. I pulled out my money and put it on the counter. Darry picked it up and handed it back to me. He placed his own 15 cents down for me.

"Oh Darrel that's alright, I got it." He smiled.
"No it's okay Mack. I got it." I tried to argue but he stopped me. His brother just kept smiling at us.

"Well Darrel, I gotta go get something for my mom. But it was great seeing you again." He smiled.
"Please be careful Mackenzie. There are awful people around here."

We were standing at the door and he had his hand on my arm as he said that. He looked me in the eyes, god he was stunning. "I will Darrel. Thanks!"
"You know you can call me Darry right?" I nodded my head.
"Yeah, I remember. But I like Darrel better." He let out a soft chuckle and I left.

I was in the DX parking lot still when a car full of boys pulled next to me.
"Hey pretty baby. How about you get in the car and we have some fun." I shook my head. "No thanks I'm okay."
"Baby that wasn't a question. Come sit on my lap." The boys all snickered. They got out of the car and one of them tried to grab me.

"HEY! GET OFF HER!" Darry grabbed the guy who was trying to take me and punched him so hard he got knocked out. His friends picked him up and they left really quickly.
"Thanks Darrel." I looked at him almost shaking.