☀️~I'm Sorry~☀️

(Darrel's POV)

I just yelled at Mack. I couldn't believe it. I didn't mean to. I mean I think I love her. No, I don't think I know. I love Mackenzie.

I ran after her. She got right in her car and drove away over my screaming. I heard Pony running after Soda and I knew I should go. Mack wouldn't want to see me yet. I ran towards Soda and Pony tackled him to the ground.

(Mackenzie's POV)

I turned on the radio to hear the one song that broke my heart, 'You Are My Sunshine'. I quickly shut off the radio. I had tears streaming down my face. I ran into my house and upstairs as quick as possible. I locked the door and slid down it crying.

My mom wasn't home. Lucas was in Seattle and my dad was still in Florida. Hopefully. My phone rang. I ignored it. It happened a few more times before I got annoyed and picked it up.

"MACK! Sunshine I'm so sorry." I could hear him crying through the phone.
"Darry!" I had to try and push away the tears. "Why did you say that? Am I really worth that little to you?"
"No! Mack, I'm sorry. I was just angry with Pony and Soda and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you." I heard him start crying. "Mack..."
I stayed silent. "Darry, I think I need a little time-"
"Mack, sunshine, you're my world. Please come back." I started crying at this point. I didn't try to hide my sobs.

"Please Mack, don't cry. I-It brakes my heart." I've never heard Darry stutter. Right as I was about to hang up the phone, Darry started singing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...." he waited a second. "You make me happy, when skies are grey..." I cried into the phone and listened to him. "You'll never know dear, how much I love you...Please don't take my sunshine away." I silently cried into the phone.

I heard him crying and Soda and Pony trying to comfort him. Then the phone got hung up. I still held onto it and cried. I was still in Darry's shirt, I buried my face into it. It still smelled like him which made me smile a little, yet cry harder.

I got up and laid in my bed. I stared at the ceiling and thought about him talking to me. Finally I pushed away the thoughts and grabbed my favorite blanket and wrapped myself into it. I went back to looking at the ceiling and thought of other things.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Mom?" I heard a sniffle.
"No sunshine." I started to cry again. "Let me in, please?" I stayed silent. I was frozen in time. I don't know why. I heard him telling me how sorry he was. It was breaking my heart, but I couldn't move.

"Sunshine, Call me later, please..." and with that he left. I heard my front door shut and I stared at the door.

I thought everything through once again and tried to think of things that make me happy. Then it hit me, he's the only thing that makes me happy.