☀️~Late Nights~☀️

(Mackenzie's POV)

We were walking when he stopped me at a little park and we sat down on a little bench.
"Mack?" He turned my head so I looked at him.
The moon shined off his beautiful face. I felt a warm tear come down off my face. I quickly wiped it off my face, there was no use. I felt more and more run down my face.

Darry's strong arms pulled me into a hug and he rubbed my hair while I cried into his chest.

Once I finished crying he looked at me.
"What's wrong girly?" I just looked at him while I was still sniffling.
"Are you sure you won't judge me?" He took my hand.
"Baby I don't got anything to judge." We both laughed a little.

"Tell me." I looked from him back to the ground. When I didn't answer, he started talking. It just made me feel safe and I oddly trusted him more.

I cried a bit more into him and he continued to talk.
"You know, my parents passed not too long ago. So I take care of my two little brothers, Soda and Pony."

"I-I'm sorry Dar." He just shushed me and let me cry into him until I was ready to talk. "Well, my dad is a bad man. He used to try and do things to me. And my brother is the same way. A-And my mom can't do anything about it." I said while sobbing.

"And the worst part is, I think my brother is going to tell my dad where we are!" Darry kissed my head.
"Like I said Mack, stick with me and nothin' will happen to ya." I hugged his torso tighter.

I looked up and saw him looking at the sky. It made me happy. He looked down at me and he smiled to let me know I was okay.
"You want to stay at my place tonight? I don't want your brother hurting you." I nodded and we got up.

We started walking and got back to the house I'd seen just yesterday.
"My brothers gotta be asleep so we gotta be quiet." I nodded.

He brought me in and I looked around. There were boys everywhere. I looked up at him and whispered.
"Which ones Pony? I know Soda."

He let out a low laugh. "None of em. Pony's in his room with Soda. This is the gang. They must be here for tonight. They're like family to us." I nodded and smiled.

There were boys either asleep on the couch or floor. Darrel chuckled. "I guess you're with me for tonight." I blushed a bit.
"Okay!" He led me to a nice room. It was extremely neat, but I figured it would be.

He held up a T-shirt. "Need a change?" I smiled and laughed a bit.
"I can keep my leggings though." He smiled back.
"Sounds good." He handed me the shirt and opened one of the two other doors in the room. It was a cute little bathroom. I got changed into his shirt and came back out.

He was already in the bed. He looked at me and I saw him turn a little pink but he smiled big.
I got into the bed on the other side. He reached over and shut off his lamp. The moonlight still echoed through the room. It landed perfectly on his face.

We talked about a bunch of different things for a while. Like work, and home and stuff.

We were in the middle of a conversation and I felt my eyes get heavy. I heard Darry let out a small chuckle. My head was on his arm.
"Am I a good pillow?" I just groaned a little and he chuckled softly. He put the blanket over me and I fell into a deep sleep.