Chapter 23: Sparks fly (in a bad, horrible, scary way) (Part 2)

"Cool," Kashima Yu exclaimed, quite energetically. "I didn't know volleyball is an awesome sport."

"Well, it is nice to get into sports," Hori, much to Kashima's own surprise, agreed. "Not only does it help you get fit, it also helps you make new friends."

Kashima and her senpai Hori Masayuki were standing at the sidelines, watching the volleyball teams from three schools: Karasuno, Nekoma, and Aoba Josai, as they teach grade school students how to play volleyball. Thanks to the addition of Kuroo and his companions, there has been a better distribution of kids to tutor. It has been decided that six children be assigned to each team of three tutors, so that
there will be a volleyball game among the groups afterwards.

"I kinda wanna learn volleyball, too." Kashima had a dreamy look on her face which Hori (much to his own chagrin) found cute. That was, until she suddenly came up with an idea. "Maybe I should ask the girls' volleyball team at our school to teach me?"

Hori scowled at her. "If you do that, you'll distract them from doing volleyball practice just so that they can spend time with you. "

"There's nothing wrong with that, is there senpai?" Kashima did not seem to get his point.

"Of course, there is!" Hori scolded her with a hard nudge on her right rib. "Not only will you distract them from practice, you will also lack time to practice for our play! You will ruin two clubs at once ! "

Hinata noticed the captain of the Drama club beating up his leading lady 0r man? Does doing male roles make Kashima-san count as one? She thought. She was staring at Kashima in particular the girl seemed to be happy being a victim of domestic violence. "Are
they okay? Looks like they're fighting."

"Nah, don't mind them," said Kuroo offhandedly.

"Hori always beats Kashima up for being stupid, " Kenma added.

"Eh?" Hinata asked, baffled. "Shouldn't-, shouldn't we stop them, then? "

Kuroo glanced somewhere else, right at the area where the Seijoh players were. "It looks like they're having fun over there, as well. "

Hinata followed Kuroo's line of sight and saw Iwaizumi beating the crap out of Oikawa. Apparently the Great King had done something
which annoyed the ace spiker again.

"Ouch! Iwa-chan, I was just- ow! I'm just being honest!"

"So telling the others how bad I am at talking to girls without me knowing is your way of being honest?"

"But it's the truth- ow! Not the face, Iwa-chan! That's my moneymaker ! "

"Shut up, Assykawa! Your moneymaker should be your volleyball skills ! "

"Well then, let's begin!" Sawamura says. "One of the most important in volleyball is receiving. Remember, connect perfectly"

"Sawamura-san's right!" Nishinoya, agreed obviously. "In order to keep your opponents from doing so! "

The children seemed eager to listen, much to their surprise.

"Okay," Sawamura smiled at his students. "Let us teach you how to do it"

Noya grinned from ear to ear. "After that, I will teach you my special move Rolling Thunder!"

Kids jumped excitedly after the Guardian Deity spoke, as if the guy had proclaimed that he was actually one of the members of Power Rangers, or that he was secretly saving the world as an Avenger. Sawamura suddenly felt anxious, wondering how on earth is Noya going
to teach the kids to master a rolling receive in one day.