Silence

"YOU are a person, YOU have made a mistake, YOU can't fix it. YOUR family is dead, YOUR clan members slain, and YOU weren't there. YOU couldn't save them..." These exact words had haunted Kurapika's dreams every single night since he started working as a bodyguard for the Nostrrade family. Kurapika ran to the bathroom like he did every night and vomited in the toilet. These dreams made him sick, they made him weak. He couldn't live like this. This is why he had to defeat the Phantom Troupe. It was his only goal in life. He didn't have a home or a family to return to. This was his life now and he could never change that. The blonde wiped his face before leaving the bathroom. When he peeked his head out the door to make sure nobody was out there, he saw Melody, A co-worker of his. He frowned It wasn't that he disliked Melody but that He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Unfortunate Melody had seen him and knocked gently on the now locked bathroom door. "Kurapika? I know you are there. Is something wrong?"

       "Nothing Is wrong- "Kurapika said weakly hugging his knees to his chest.

                "You can tell me Kurapika. I won't tell anybody about it." Kurapika looked at the bathroom door for about five minutes. It wasn't that long to be sitting in the bathroom alone but to Kurapika, it felt like years. He slowly reached out his hand and unlocked the door. He would be surprised if Melody had actually waited five minutes for him to unlock the door. She had better things to be doing after all but, to his surprise Melody was in fact still standing there. "I thought you would have left. Don't you have better things to be doing? Like watching the boss?"

                "Oh, don't worry the boss is still asleep she won't be a problem until she wakes up."

                "Oh...Right..." Kurapika looked at the floor awkwardly. He never really shared his feelings with anyone, especially people he met only a week ago. He trusted Melody with a lot of things, but he wasn't sure his past was one of them. "Kurapika, Last night when I came in to get the boss' hairbrush that she left behind you were muttering things in your sleep and now tonight you are up in the middle of the night sitting on the bathroom floor."

                "You were up too- "

                "Is something wrong Kurapika?" Kurapika put on a fake smile. "Really, it's nothing, isn't the boss more important than this?"

      "The boss may be important but so are you Kurapika. Everyone here matters."

      "I know it's just...My problems can't just be fixed Melody so what is the point of getting other people worked up about them?"

      "I know that sometimes It may be hard for you to verbally share your feelings but, I can tell by the sound of your heartbeat how distressed you are." Kurapika stood up and gave a fake yawn. "Melody I am getting pretty tired maybe we should go to sleep? We do have the auction starting tomorrow." Melody looked at Kurapika. "It is ok if you need some time alone but, I know that you aren't tired. Not in the slightest. I can hear the heartbeat of a liar Kurapika." Kurapika sat back down. He was a good person in general or at least he tried to be. Whenever he got mad though...Boy he got really mad. The blonde knew that lying to Melody was not something that a good friend would do but sometimes it annoyed him that the girl could read his emotions like an open book.

       Kurapika was secretive and never depended on others. Well, He used to depend on his best friend, Pario, and on his parents and sometimes even the chief of the Kurta clan but those days were over. Those people had been taken away from him. Kurapika didn't want to become close with another person somebody or something might just take them away too. "Sorry I lied..."

      "It's ok Kurapika, I forgive you."

      "Alright..." Kurapika stood up and went to the kitchen area to grab something, He needed a snack if he wasn't going to sleep, he at least needed something to give him energy tomorrow. Kurapika saw a prepackaged salad in the fridge. "This should be enough," Kurapika said out loud to himself and grabbed a fork so he could eat it. Kurapika decided that He should sit down at a table to eat so the dogs that some of Neon's other supervisors brought wouldn't eat any of his food.  Being in this hotel suite was stressing Kurapika out so the second he finished his salad he put on some clothes and went down to the lobby. All the Lobby stores were closed including the food court but outside it was still busy.

      Auction week in York new city was always bustling with people from all over who have come to see the action and buy things or, To trade some of their own things. He decided to walk around and look at some of the items people were actioning off. In the end, Kurapika didn't buy anything except a hot chocolate from a food stand. Everyone on the streets looked so happy. Talking, Buying, and selling. People trying to meet new people. Kurapika remembered the last time he felt that happy. It was when He, Leorio and Gon went to go get Killua at his place and then they decided to meet in York new for the annual auction this September. Kurapika had a faint smile on his face. He was happy that he would get to see his three friends again.

      Kurapika started walking back to the hotel when he saw A man. This man was very short, and he was dressed somewhat oddly. Kurapika didn't judge him or anything but you couldn't see his mouth from the mask covering it. He had an Umbrella that was a dark red shade and his hair was sticking up a little bit. Kurapika didn't have a chance to see his eyes as he was seeing this man from the back Kurapika just assumed his eyes must be visible or else he wouldn't have been able to see. What the man was looking at buying, Ancient torture weapons, and devices. Kurapika just walked back to his hotel pretending he hadn't seen that. Honestly, that man looked shady so Kurapika didn't bother to approach him. You never should just approach shady people unless you have a really good reason to.

      Back at the hotel, the nighttime staff was swapping out with the daytime staff. The shops were opening up so Kurapika went to go buy Neon these hairbands she said she wanted. Light Nostrrade, Neon's father made it very clear that their goals were to keep Neon both safe and Happy. By the time Kurapika got back to his room all Neon's bodyguards were waiting. The sixteen-year-old girl woke up very early when she was excited about something and even though the action didn't start until about eight pm tonight, she was bound to wake up Early.

      "Oh, you got the boss those hairbands she wanted."

      "Our orders are to keep her as safe and happy as we can and, they not? Besides Light said he would pay us back if we bought her things h just told us to get her whatever she wanted."

      "Alright, Sounds good Kurapika."

      Kurapika thought about the auction and about why he was really here. He thought about everything leading up to this very point in his life. He sighed and thought harder. He had a Goal, but would he be able to accomplish it?