Dinner date gone wrong

A few months had passed since Kurapikas dream and he was starting to get along better with the troupe members. Especially Chrollo and Shalnark. at lunch and Kurapika had decided to entertain himself by playing a card game called "war" with Shalnark.

"War!" Yelled Shalnark happily as they had both placed a card with the number three on it. Kurapika drew three cards and so did Shalnark. Feitan and Phinks were watching and were placing bets.

"I'm betting on the chain user, he won the past two wars."

     "All the more reason Shalnark should win this time!" Phinks said determinedly. Kurapika and Shalnark flipped their cards over and Kurapika laughed.

     "Damn it! Kura won again!" Shalnark said disappointed. After the card game, Chrollo came over to talk to Kurapika.

     "Kurapika, are you busy tonight?" Kurapika looked up at him.

     "No, I'm not. Do you want to read again?" Kurapika and Chrollo would sometimes sit in the library and read with each other. It was a quiet activity that they did and both seemed to enjoy. Perhaps it showed that they had mutual respect and understanding for each other now. Chrollo's cheeks had a slight pink tint to them.

     "Well...Not exactly-"

     "Oh? What is it that you want to do then?" Even after knowing Chrollo for a few months, it was hard for him to read Chrollo's emotions. Chrollo didn't really show emotions all that much. Kurapika often had to ask how he was feeling if he wanted to know the answer.

     "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner or something." Kurapika had been allowed to leave the base recently as long as he didn't tell anyone where the troupe base was and Kurapika had never told a soul where the troupe base was. Kurapika thought and looked at Chrollo again.

     "You mean like a date?" Kurapika asked him. Chrollo turned bright red.

     "No, no, no not a date just like hmmm friends or something!" Chrollo said with the blush still obviously there. Kurapika looked at him.

     'Is he blushing?' Kurapika thought. He decided to accept his offer and go. He didn't have any plans for the night anyway. He smiled and looked at Chrollo.

     "Alright, what time should we go?" Kurapika asked. Chrollo went back to maintaining his calm complexion as he normally looked like.

     "How about eight o clock?" Chrollo suggested.

     "If that doesn't work out for you we can do another time instead," Chrollo informed him and looked at him.

     "Eight sounds great. What should I wear?" Kurapika asked and smiles softly.

     "Uhmmm well you can wear whatever you want it doesn't have to be anything in particular. If you would like, you can borrow a suit from me but the clothes that you normally wear are fine too." Chrollo told him and his cheeks had that pink tint again. Kurapika looked at him. He wondered why Chrollo seemed different. Why was he...Flustered? Kurapika looked at him again and finally responded.

     "I'll borrow a suit if it's really alright with you Chrollo."  Chrollo nods in approval.

     "I wouldn't have offered if it wasn't alright with me. You can go to my closet and pick out something that you would like to wear. I have many different sizes."

     "Uhmm Chrollo you are only one size so why do you have many different sizes?" Chrollo didn't answer and just blinked. Kurapika knew how to get Chrollo to answer him though. After getting closer to him he knew how to make him answer these questions.

     "Chrollo," Kurapika said again this time in a more stern voice that got his attention.

     "What's wrong, Kurapika?" He asked with a worried look nobody would really know that it was a worried look unless they knew Chrollo really well. It just looked natural to most people.

     "Why do you have many different sizes when you are only one size?" Kurapika said again in the stern voice.

     "Well...about that-" Chrollo said.

     "Chrollo did you STEAL them so you could SELL them?" Kurapika asked him.

     "Yes," Chrollo answered.

     "I stole them a few years ago but I couldn't sell them for much so I brought some back to the store overnight and I kept a few just in case a troupe member needed to borrow one and before you ask, no I didn't kill any people," Chrollo said honestly.

     "Ok good," Kurapika said he sighed.

     "I suppose it's too late to take them back?" Kurapika asked him.

     "Yeah, they are from two years ago and very last season. Nobody in york new would want to buy them now which is the reason I can't sell them." Chrollo told Kurapika and sighed disappointedly that he couldn't sell them he could steal whatever he wanted and decide to auction whatever he wanted but he couldn't force anyone to buy the items.

     "Well, I am going to go and see what you have in the closet," Kurapika told him and started walking upstairs. He sighed. He didn't think Chrollo would actually have that much in his closet but he was wrong. Kurapika walked into his walk-in closet and it was like another bedroom filled with clothes and expensive jewelry. He looked at a pair of black diamond earrings that looked like his red ones and decided to take them to wear. He also found a nice black suit to wear in his size so he took those back to his room then went back for shoes. He was having trouble finding shoes that were in his size and matched. Suddenly, he heard something behind him. It was Chrollo.

     "Oh? You're still in here kurapika? I thought you had already picked something."

     "Yeah, I'm just looking for shoes in my size," Kurapika told him. Chrollo grabbed a box from up high with black shoes in it.

     "Here, try these ones. If they don't work out you can come back for something else."

     "Thank you Chrollo."

     "Sure."

     It was finally eight o clock and Chrollo and Kurapika were ready to go out. Chrollo blushed slightly when he saw kurapika and took his hand and led him to his car. Chrollo had a fancy black car that looked like it was really expensive. He probably bought this instead of stole because cars could be tracked by license plate if they were stolen and that would lead someone right to the hideout. When they finally arrived at a fancy restaurant that Chrollo had picked. Kurapika and Chrollo walked inside. However, instead of beautiful decor, they were met by a few nen users and men with guns.

     "Let go of that hunter and put your hands up, Leader of the Phantom troupe!"