Nightmare Number Two

Kurapika woke up in his room. Chrollo wasn't there with him even though he vividly remembered falling asleep on his lap. He was embarrassed enough that he had done so and now he felt even worse about it. He must have embarrassed Chrollo too which is why he left. Kurapika wasn't sure. He looked around the bedroom. The little table that he was sure existed was no longer next to him. He got up out of bed and looked out the window to see nothing but darkness. Was it already so late? He went to be really early. Kurapika looked outside the door and saw nobody guarding his room but this was no longer unusual. They had stopped guarding him the past few days. Kurapika assumed that was a good thing. He did see a small candle at the doorway and pitch-black halls that seemed to stretch on infinitely. Kurapika picked up the candle perplexed. He thought something about this atmosphere seemed oddly familiar. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

     Kurapika got no answer so he started walking down the dark, pitch-black halls and looked around. He saw the door to Shalnark's room or at least what he thought was Shalnark's room? He couldn't be sure with everything so dark it was hard to see even with the dim light that the candle gave off. He tried to open it to see if Shalnark was inside. The door didn't open, it wouldn't budge. "Huh. That's weird it's locked." Kurapika kept walking. He stopped in front of Feitan's room or at least what he thought was Feitan's room. He still couldn't tell.

     "Hey is anybody in here?" There was no answer. Kurapika reached for the doorknob and tried to open the door. This door was locked too. Something wasn't right. Ok, it wasn't weird for Feitan to keep his door locked when he was inside but when you called out to him, he would normally say something like 'Go away' or 'stop bothering.' To signify he was in there. Shalnark on the other hand, never locked his door even if he was inside. It didn't matter what he was doing. Apparently, Phinks and Uvo have walked in on Shalnark naked before just because Shalnark never felt like locking his door. Everything about this atmosphere was weird. It was weird but familiar.

     "Hello? Anybody hear me?" Kurapika got no answer again and decided to walk in the other direction. He saw Shizuku's room but didn't bother with the door thinking it would probably be locked like the other rooms were. The only open room was the one he had come out of. Kurapika touched the hot candle wax. It felt warm but it didn't burn him like it normally would. The hot wax drips onto the floor but the candle didn't seem to be getting any smaller.

     "Is this real? Is anybody here?" Kurapika called out. This time someone responded.

    "This is in your mind but that doesn't mean parts of it aren't real." Kurapika drops the candle and scurries to pick it up worried it would start a fire but it didn't. The candle simply went out once it left Kurapika's hands.

     "Who are you?"

     "Oh? After all our time together, I thought you would recognize my voice." The voice said. Did it sound kinda hurt? Kurapika didn't know he couldn't really tell.

     "Chrollo is that you?" Kurapika asked.

     "Yes."

     "Where are you Chrollo? I can't see you anywhere."

     "That's because you aren't looking at me Kurapika. Your mind hasn't comprehended what I look like yet." Chrollo told him and sighs softly.

     "What are you talking about? You're a guy who's slightly taller than me with black hair who also has weird taste in clothes. I know exactly what you look like!"

     "Things seem to be different in your mind. In your mind, images that you do not believe have been blocked out and you see the thing that you do believe in."

     "What are you talking about? How can I not believe in something that I see every day right before my eyes?"

     "The human mind is complicated like that, Kurapika." Kurapika sighed. He was getting tired of this. It seemed to be going nowhere at all. He stood up and continued walking down the hall.

     "Chrollo? Chrollo! Where are you?! I don't want to play these games anymore. It's annoying and neither of us benefits from doing this honestly." Kurapika saw a light in the distance and started walking faster towards it.

     "Chrollo! I found you now!" Kurapika said determined to end Chrollo's little game of hiding and seek. He ran right into Chrollo and knocked him to the floor. This Chrollo was not the Chrollo he knew. Chrollo had big white angel wings and was radiating light. Chrollo smiles down at Kurapika.

     "What the- Chrollo how do you have wings? Why are you glowing?!" Kurapika had so many questions. Questions about this weird place, questions about Chrollo, and questions about himself. Chrollo just smiles.

     "This is how I appear because this is what you want to see in me. An angel? Is that what you want me to be or is that what you believe I am?" Chrollo asked him. Kurapika thought for a second. He couldn't figure it out. He definitely didn't think Chrollo was an angel in any shape or form but he had also never wished that he was. He wished Chrollo didn't do a lot of the things that he did but he never wished he was perfect. Nobody can be perfect not even him and definitely not Chrollo. Chrollo looked at Kurapika.

     "Well? What do you think Kurapika?"

     "If everything you say is true and if it really is up go my mind to decide how you look in this place then I have no idea why you have taken on this form." Chrollo looked at Kurapika.

     "Well, the reason lies in your subconscious feelings, not something you willingly decide." Chrollo smiles and walks away.

     "Wait! Chrollo! CHROLLO!!"

     Kurapika woke up with a gasp. It was a dream. It was just a dream. Kurapika was in his bed and the end table was back or should he say still there. There was another thing that was still there too. Chrollo was sleeping peacefully next to him on the bed. "Oh, so he didn't leave. Was it possible he liked it?" Kurapika wondered and laid down next to Chrollo and tried to fall asleep again.