im here love

goddamn noise. booming. breaking through my skull, pounding deep into my brain. all the sounds came together in one crashing wave. It was my first time in nyc. being from a small town in fuck knows where scotland, this was tough. real goddamn hard. i hadn't had a panic attack like this in months and i needed to get away from all this noise. through blurry eyes i saw a goodwill up ahead. i grabbed doms hand and took off. 

"Whats up love?" he said a bit surprised at my intensity. i sped up, pushing through the hustle and bustle on the streets towards the grimy thrift store. i broke through the crowd and into the store. my hand previously attached to Doms like a leech, dropped and grazed my fishnet stockings. the familiar smell of sweat and mildew comforted me like a moth bitten sweater and i ran for the dress rack at the end of the store. 

There i broke down. fat tears rolled down my face and landed silently besides my tall, black boots. i sunk to my knees in front of the tacky purple prom dresses and sobbed silently, face in my hands. Dom ran up right behind me, then sat, criss cross, and pulled me onto his lap. he took my chin in his hands and brought my face to meet his. 

i knew my thick mascara had to be practically cascading down my cheeks and my eyes were undoubtedly rimmed bright red. Dom smiled at me and hugged me to his chest, nuzzling his chin into my hair. 

"I'm here for you love." He whispered. "I'm always here for you" 

i melted into his arms, and all the pain in my head drifted away like heavy storm cloud.

"I love you" i whispered back, choked up. "I love you to the moon and back." 

"Then out and back again" his words drifted through my ears, sunk into my chest and solidified ib my heart. the pounding subsided until,it was nothing but a flutter, like a butterfly trapped in my ribcage.