the eggs

The sun filtered through my white curtains and laid a gentle ray across my sleeping face. As i opened my eyes, i took in my surroundings: the tall white bookshelf against the wall, filled to the brim with classic literature and cheesy poetry. A brown record player snuggled into the corner by the window. A green and pink vinyl still sat on the turntable. i heard a bird chirping on the railing of the fire exit that was situated by my window. i stepped out of bed and my bare feet padded onto the grey shag rug. As i went to the window to open the curtains i heard Dom yell from the small kitchen on the other side of the flat.

"HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR EGGS?" he shouted. 

i quickly rushed out my room and past Doms open bedroom door. i came up behind him in the kitchen and clasped a hand over his mouth. 

"Dude, shut up, its like 8 am!" i whisper yelled, "You'll wake up the neighbors you nincompoop". i heard him let out a muffled giggle and felt something wet against my palm. "FUCKING EW!" i was the one  who yelled this time, whipping my hand away from his face. "What the actual fuck Dom," i looked up and met his mischievous gaze. he bit his tongue, trying so hard to fight the laughter building inside him. But to no avail, he let out a loud guffaw and smacked the spatula he was holding against his knee, i couldn't help but begin to laugh hysterically with him. ending up on the floor, clutching my stomach and snorting as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Who needs to shut up now?" Dom teased, booping the handle of the spatula against my forehead. i looked up from your position on the floor into his smiling eyes above you. He stuck his tongue out. my childish grin turned to a menacing one and i hopped nimbly to my feet. 

"I'm gonna fucking get you, you little dingus." i said narrowing my eyes and springing forwards, reaching for Dom but he quickly spun out of my grasp and ran for the living room. i ran after him. he stood on one side of the white ikea couch, and i on the other. He was still laughing hysterically and i knew that was a disadvantage. i side stepped to the right, and he went to the left. When i shuffled back he did the same. Then without warning, i sprung forward, jumping over the couch and tackling Dom onto the red bead bag behind him. he began to laugh again and he wrapped his arm around me, rolling with me in his grip, onto the hardwood floor. our laughter died down until we were just laying on the cold floor, enjoying each others presence.

That was when an awful smell hit my nose. i turned to dom whose eyes were wide. He reached one had up in the air and both of our eyes locked on the spatula at the same time. "Oh fuck." he said "The Eggs."