silver city

Snow patrol came on right after cooler than me, i smiled. although the songs had nothing in common i was glad it did, it was such a nostalgic song for me, i remember playing this on my ipod nano when i was 11, trying to fall asleep. it never worked though, i couldn't help but sing along. 

 I pushed dom off my lap and got up to go to the window and open the curtains. the sun had set since dom had closed them and i could see the dark grey and blue sky that shrouded the city in a light mist. Mother moon hung in the twilight sky and bathed the London streets in a silver glow, her light filtered through the window and lay delicate rays across the floor. i looked to dom who was sitting up now, staring at me with a goofy smile plastered on his face. "come sit" he said and i walked back to him, plopping down where i was sitting before, dom laid his head on my shoulder as we looked out over the silver city. lights began to come on in the complex across the street and we could see the silhouettes of domestic lives through the windows, a couple kissed passionately in one, in another a child sat at the kitchen table, while his mom cooked on the stove, a middle aged woman sat petting her cat. 

the longer we sat on my floor, the louder the night sounds became, large groups of women going into the night club down the block, the constant roar of the cars dimmed to a whisper occasionally an owl would hoot or a dog would bark. Dom fidgeted with my fingers. 

I couldn't imagine how difficult it was for him to sit still for so long but the fact that he was sitting here, with me, enjoying the night was even more meaningful. he wanted to be here with me. 

Mercury padded into the room and sat on Doms lap, he pet her thick black fur and she began to purr quietly. the sounds overlapped and muddled into a perfect tune of bliss. i only wish there was some was to capture moments in bottles. to put the perfection of this exact memory into some song. but id just have to hold it close to my heart, and never let it go.