london calling

we were bouncing down the street, our thick soled boots pounding into the pavement, each step filled with excitement and energy. one earbud in mt right ear and another in Doms left, London Calling was playing full blast. it felt as though we were connected by a wire and a passion. the bass hammered to the same beat as our hearts. the Themes was shining and the people around us felt inconsequential. "LONDON CALLIN" we sang along with to backing vocals as we had decided no one could ever beat Joe Strummer. we continued bounding down the path like two crazed gazelles in heavy eyeliner. "I LIVE BY THE RIVEEEEER!" we sang into eachothers face. laughing, Dom picked me up and carried me down the path, skipping and spinning. his smile was infectious and his happiness warmed me to the core. two punks in black twirling to the clash isn't something people see every day. but for once in our lives, the rest of the world melted away and his childlike smile was my sun, i revolved around his grin. 

there was a small alley that Dom saw and he set me down, took my hand and dragged me into the brick lined back street just as the song was coming to its end 'i never felt so much alike' was the line i heard when Dom wrapped his arms around me, so tight, like he was never going to let me go. our earbuds were still connected and the last strains of music came through when i felt him sink into me. 

"Hey now Romeo," i whispered and hugged him back, real good and tight. "How are we doin Love?" i continued softly, "Whats up?" 

"Becks, I love you." he responded. he lifted his head and his eyes were so full of light and bliss, "I love you more that the earth loves the sun."  he took my face in his hands i closed my eyes, he kissed my forehead with a quiet, dull passion, and left me feeling safe.