chapter 4

My bare feet were heavily dragged against the wooden floors and my heels dangling in my hands. I was physically drained from my entire body.

My body hit the soft sheets and drifted into darkness. Before i knew it my alarm clock startes beeping its way into my ears.

I was still dressed in the navy gown so coming to a conclusion i should really take a shower.

I will return tomorrow..

I constantly looked behind my shoulder expecting him to pop out anywhere, any little sound made me flinch and accelerate my heart beat by a mile.

I even feared taking off my clothes and changing. Im becoming overly paranoid, but what do you expect.

After successfully putting on a pencil skirt, ivory blouse and red heels made my way outside to catch a taxi.

My heels clicked against the marble floors stretched across the entire industry apart from, of course Mr. Armstrong's office that was covered with a extremly soft carpet.

"Ariel care to explain why you left last night, also why are your hair black ?" The minute my feet stepped in the door hes stern voice rang in my ears.

Sipping on my very strong coffee giving him a lazy look. Being hunted my nightmares the whole night does not exactly give me enough sleep.

I stood shaking, staring at the scene before me. It was just a memory and i stood by, he's inhuman tall body towered over the younger me as the blood kept soaking up into my top.

"Mom dont do it ! Dont listen to him !" I shouted at her but she couldnt hear.

"You cant change the past, Kitten. Im here forever."

I did fail to mention mine and Marcus's relationship is of course straightly work, but apart from the constant giving out we do have our playful times.

"I will not give you back your coffee until you answer my question's," Sending him a death glare before shifting my eyes to my cup in hes hand.

"You better give back the goddamm coffee before i jump at you." He gave me that 'what the hell is wrong with you' look.

Which made me chuckle. Oh im not sure but a Grim Reaper has been hunting me for the past few years, playing games with me. Oh did i mention he is trying to kill me everyday ?

Without hesitation i jumped right at him, causing hes body to stumble backwards and hit the ground. My bare legs positioned on either side of him.

"Ariel off me right now ! I am your boss !"

"You are also a jerk now give me my coffee !" My arms struggled to get past him over to my wonderful coffee.

Clearing of a troath hit me back to reality as i froze in my spot, the spot being ontop of Marcus. He quickly planted hes hands on my hips lifting us both from the ground.

"Sorry to.. interupt."

Here it goes again.