chapter 41

I stared at the small house before me that spoke too many memories. The rain poared down, hitting against my leather jacket, my hair drenched the water dripping behind me neck. Hesistantly i pressed my knuckles against the door and waited for moments to pass and the door to open.

The elder man looked sad, dark circles under hes eyes and the wrinkels were clearly visible.

"Hi dad." A slow smile curled on my lips waiting for hes reaction. When he registered my words a spark lit up in hes eyes before grabbing me into a tight hug.

We spend hours talking, catching up on news and the old memories. He felt proud of me that i worked for such a important company and at such a high position. Until that day i did not realise how much i really missed the presence of my father.

I turned the phone off not wanting to hear anymore before teleporting myself to my old house, running around searching for my father.

"Ariel ? You're home early." My dads laced with excitment and christmas spirit as he carefully cut out shaped from the dough. Traditional christmas cookies.

A sigh of relieve escaped me as i walked around to the other side of the counter, eating some of the left over dough.

Hours have passed, my father sending me to bed as i looked half asleep. The soft carpet beneath my feet made my toes curl and a smile decorate my face at the sight of my familiar room, but the cold presence made my skin crawl.

"I still remember lying on the bed with you as you crawled into my arms, carefully listening to bedtime stories." The familiar tall, lean figuer lay sprawled across the my bed staring into space.

"Please leave." My voice was low, almost in a whisper. Just when i was about to turn around and run. A hand gripped my elbow and the other placed on my forehead pulling me into locked up memories.

"Please Tally. Tell me a story how i will be your princess when i grow up and have horses !" The little girl jumped on the bed with the tall figuer standing by her side.

"My beautiful lady i have to go." She crossed her little chubby arms, her eyes becoming watery with every passing moment.

"Oh no. Oh no please dont cry. I hate seeing my little girl cry, it hurts me." The cloaked man paniced, moving back and forth around the girl at her sudden reaction.

"You are leaving me again !" Her backside hit the blankets, laying on her bak staring at the ceiling blinking back her tears.

"I promise to always come back and you know that. Now come i will tell you a story of you when you grow up." The little girl crawled into hes arm, resting her on hes chest snuggling into hes arms.

"I hate when you do that." I sunk on the ground catching back my breath. I was so fond of him when i was little and he had so much respect for me. And no he nearly takes my life away.

"I came to ask you to come back with me, without your presence near i am weakened since you are bonded to me. But i will not ask you such a favour." He's voice was laced with authority but velvety and soothing at the same time.

I had missed that voice of hes. The voice that made my skin crawl but heat up in comfort, it was like music to my ears.

Your father is dying..