Chapter 17

Hey babes! Sorry its been forever, I've just been getting my butt kicked by zoom school. I will try to go back to updating regularly. Have fun reading!

-----

Kirishima POV

Mina has been keeping our secret pretty well for the past week and a half. Bakugo acts normal around everyone, even seeming to warm up a little. He comes to basically all of our hangouts and cracks jokes every now and then. We both steal glances at each other and often go to his room after school to work and just do fun boyfriend things. Anyways, yesterday on Friday he pulled me aside when we were walking to class.

"What's up Bakubae?" I say with a small smirk. He says he hates that name but has given up trying to get me to stop.

"Be free tomorrow. We're going out," he said while staring at the ground a little.

"Oh really? The others didn't tell-"

"Just us," Bakugo interrupted. I tilted my head a little then put my hand on his cheek. He looked into my eyes and I noticed a small blush on his face.

"Can't wait," I say with a smile. He does a quick glance around to make sure no one sees us and gives me a peck on the lips.

"6 pm, don't be late shitty hair."

So now its 5:30 and I am still unsure what is so special about today. He seemed a form of nervous and excited since his resting b-tch face was tenser yet less b-tchy. I end up deciding on black ripped jeans with a red fitted top and a black bomber. I check my phone to see I'm meeting him in front of the building. I walk out and oh my god. He's just wearing a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans, but this is so... soft compared to what his style normally is. He always takes my breath away. Bakugo's just throwing on a light grey sweatshirt when he sees me.

"Let's go Kiri."

Bakugo POV

I lead him all the way to my house and he looks at me confused. I have him sit at the bar while I take both of our jackets. Next I grab an apron that says 'fuck you I'm the chef' and get started.

"What are you doing?"

"Cooking."

I steal a glance at him as he watches me maneuver around the kitchen. Kiri is both confused and happy. I guess I was right to assume he forgot what today was. Anyways, I get to work and feel Kirishima's eyes on me the whole time. There were occasional 'oooo's and 'wow's as I do my version of teppanyaki. In the end, there's meat and garlic fried rice in front of him and he's drooling. I discard my apron and grab our plates, leading him to the dining room table.

"Well, dig in dumbass."

With that, he is devouring my food and I can't help but smile.

"You're the best boyfriend what did I do to deserve you oh my gosh this food unghhhh..." he mumbles while stuffing his face. We get into a comfortable conversation. I mention that my parents are out of town for the weekend, and he goes to grab seconds. When he's finally finishing up, he asks me the question I had been expecting.

"Why did you do this? Like is today special or something?" he says with a hint of worry. I smirk a little.

"Exactly a month ago I kissed you." He chocked a little on his last bite of food.

"Oh my gosh and you did all of this for me and I didn't even realize. I'm so sorry, how did I forget? You literally made me such delicious food and I just ate it like-"

"Stop it, you're rambling like nerdy Deku."

Kirishima POV

He gets up from his seat and walks over to me, leaning down to give me a kiss on my forehead.

"Ugh, I'm the worst boyfriend. I promise I'll make it up to you," I sputter out as he runs his hands through my hair. I wore it down today because I had just showered before coming to his house and was too lazy to gel it up again.

"It's fine, just don't forget next month. And just you being here with me is a gift enough." I look up and see the kindest eyes. Even though that was probably the cheesiest thing I have ever heard him say, my heart still melts.

We ended up cuddling in his bed that night, after some *cough* not so innocent activities.