【feelings】

alex must have fallen asleep at some point because when he opened his eyes, he had 27 missed calls, 8 missed facetime calls, and 180 text messages.

god, this was the last thing he wanted to deal with.

but at the same time, he was bored and didn't feel like going anywhere, so he looked through the messages.

most of them were what he expected, something around the lines of "are you really quitting?" "want to talk?" "how are you feeling?" "why did you quit?" "want to go to the pub and find some girls?" that last one was from will.

but there was one that stood out from the rest.

it was george. he had texted alex around 2 hours ago, saying that he went over to will's.

for some reason, alex felt less nervous.

just to make sure george was still gone, alex got up from bed and walked into the kitchen.

no george.

he walked into george's room.

which was empty.

lastly, he went into the living room.

once again, no george.

he let out a sigh of relief before flopping down on the couch.

lately, he had been getting nervous around george.

like, every time he looked at those stupid sunglasses and bandana, he felt queasy. 

every time george laughed, alex's skin got hot.

every time george yelled at him for doing something stupid, he couldn't help but smile.

alex tried to pass it off as a stomach bug.

he was sick, that's why he felt sick while being around george.

but he didn't feel sick. he felt happy.

he forced himself to hide his feelings.

no, they weren't feelings. 

they were just minor coincidences. 

he smiled at george for yelling at him because they both knew he was an idiot.

alex's skin got hot when george laughed because it was hot in the room.

he felt sick when looking at george's stupid glasses and bandana because he was tired of seeing them. 

he didn't like to admit it, but a part of him felt like this was the reason why he quit.

well, he thought he quit because it was too stressful and felt like something he had to do.

but now, he wasn't so sure.