Who I Am Inside

As the pigs continued their chant, Luna just hopelessly stared down at the table. What have I done to deserve this damnation? She continued to mope until something Leonard had said snapped her out of her thoughts.

"What is he doing up there?!" Leonard shouted. "This is a civilized buffet!"

Luna looked up in the direction Leonard was yelling and to her surprise, Red was on top of the net that was carrying the eggs! It had just been brought in, and it was hanging above the dining table like a chandelier.

"Don't hatch now," Red pleaded with the eggs. "Do not hatch now."

"Get that red bastard off my eggs!" Leonard ordered. Just then, Chuck and Bomb made their way in, joining Red on top of the net. Seeing that Red and his friends weren't giving in, the king pig changed his mind. "Fine, boil them too!"

Luna wanted to say something, but nothing would come out. She was happy her friends had made it to the eggs, but if she protested what Leonard had just said, they would hear her and see her like this.

Red whipped around and glared at the pigs below him. "Alright, Leonard, where is she?" he demanded.

"Red, please, no...," Luna begged. Her gem was right in front of Leonard, beside his plate. If she could just grab it and change back into a bird when no one was looking...

"What are you talking about?" Leonard playfully asked with a smirk on his face.

"You know very well what that is!" Red barked. "Where is Luna?!"

"Are you sure you want to know that? You might not want her back anymore when you find out," Leonard warned.

"Do I look like an idiot?" Red yelled angrily. "Tell me where she is NOW!"

"If you insist," Leonard casually said. "Luna is right HERE!" He pointed at the female pig right beside him.

Red, along with Chuck and Bomb, fixed his gaze on Luna. His expression was a mixture of shock and confusion, but quickly reverted back to anger. "Nice try, Leonard. I'm not falling for that. Luna is a bird! There's no way she can be one of you ruthless assholes!"

Hearing those words from Red felt like a big punch in the face, even though Luna knew that he didn't know the truth. She now knew it was time to come clean.

"WAIT!" she cried. Everyone, including Red, Chuck, and Bomb, turned their attention towards her. She sighed. "Leonard is telling the truth. It is me. Red, Chuck, Bomb, I never wanted you to see me like this."

For a few seconds, all Luna's friends could do was stare at her in disbelief. Their mouths hung open, unable to say a word. Finally, Red broke the silence.

"Luna...what is going on? Why are you..."

"Looks like you've got some explaining to do, Luna!" Leonard interrupted. "You see, Red, Luna is not what she seems. She's been deceiving you ever since she met you!"

"Luna, what is he talking about?" Red asked.

"You REALLY want to know, don't you?" Leonard exclaimed. "I think SHE would like to do the talking!" He picked up Luna's gem and placed it in her hoof. "Go ahead, tell your friends about the deceitful woman you are!"

Looking at her gem, tears welled up in Luna's eyes. For fifteen years she had this gem. For fifteen years she kept this secret. And now, everyone was going to know. Just what would they think of her? She looked back up at everyone. Clutching her gem, she enshrouded herself in a white light, and when it was gone, she was back in her bird form. She hopped up onto the table so that everyone could see her.