Chapter 5 - 4th Period; Clyde

~>> Clyde's POV <<~

  I walked down the hallway, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do. My head was throbbing and I felt like crying, but there was no way in hell that I was gonna end up blubbering to Craig today. I needed to stay strong. I had to finally apologize to him.

I neared the classroom I was going to and entered. Both Craig and I had a study hall together. To my dismay he wasn't there yet. I sighed and sat in my usual seat, which wasn't next to Craig's because we've been distant because of the rumor.

I sighed and put my head down, feeling tears in my eyes. What if Craig didn't show up? What if I didn't get a chance?

~>> Craig's POV <<~

  I'm just standing in the bathroom and staring at my arms. Token wants me to stop smoking... Butters wants me to stop cutting... Mmm goddammit.. I wanna do what they want me to.. But can I? Smoking.. Yeah I can stop smoking. I barely do anyway. Cutting.. That's the thing. I don't know if I can stop that.

I cut for multiple reasons.

1.) I feel like I deserve to feel pain. Every time something goes wrong, I cut because I blame myself and feel the need to punish myself.

2.) It makes me feel like I'm in control. Like I have control over at least something in this world, that being my own pain.

Goddammit.

I'll try.

It's not gonna work though..

I guess maybe cutting isn't the method I should use tonight, just so I'm not completely ignoring Butters' wishes. I took out my pack of cigarettes and looked at it for a moment before shoving it back in my pocket. I'd keep it. Just in case.

... I should probably get to class.

~>> Clyde's POV <<~

  The bell rings and I pick my head up off my desk, seeing Craig walk in the room. Perfect timing. We make eye contact for a moment. He looks numb. He's looked numb for a while. I'm really worried about him.

The teacher takes attendance and I send Craig a quick text.

Clyde: Hey dude. Meet me in the bathroom.

He looked at me weirdly from across the room and soon I got a response.

Craig: Why?

I frowned, emotionally in pain, and replied.

Clyde: I just need to talk to you. Please Craig.

I heard Craig sigh, and saw him raise his hand.

"Yes, Craig?".

"Can I go to the bathroom?".

"Yes, Craig.".

I quickly butted in, asking frantically, "Can I go too??". Our teacher glared at me and i mentally screamed. Soon, she sighed and said, "Fine. Go ahead, Clyde.".