Chapter 4 - 3rd Period; Butters

~>> Butters' POV <<~

I was walking down the hallway and heading towards the gym when I saw Craig. "Heya, Craig!", I said, skittering up to walk alongside him. He towered over me. Craig was one of, if not the tallest guy in school. Craig turned to look at me, "Oh. Hey Leo.". I smiled at him and said, "Wanna walk the rest of the way to gym with me?".

"Sure.".

We walked in silence as I charted out what I was gonna talk to him about. I felt my pocket vibrate, and took out my phone to look at the text I had received.

Stan: It would also be a good idea to check out his body too. You guys have gym, look for anything weird like cuts or bruises on Craig when he's changing his clothes. I have a bad feeling...

I gulped. Okay.

Craig looked at me suspiciously. "It's nothing Craig, my dad just said I'm grounded for something. I don't even know what the reason is, this time.", I lied. Darn it. I'm horrible at lying. He looked at me for a moment, and seemed to believe me. He looked ahead and scoffed, "Your dad's a dick, Butters. You're a good kid, he grounds you for the stupidest shit. You don't deserve it. You deserve to be treated better. If I can help somehow, let me know.".

Same goes for you, Craig. Tell me how to help you.

I shrugged, "It's no big deal. And thank you, Craig.".

"No problem.".

We got to the locker room and headed to our lockers in the back. I could tell that Craig was waiting to change after most people left the locker room. I went as slow as possible. Finally, he gave in and nonchalantly pulled his shirt off. I secretly looked at him.

First, I saw his muscles.

Then, I saw the cuts and bruises.

Then I saw the words carved into his arms. Failure... Unlovable... Fuck-up... Asshole...

My heart dropped into my stomach and I felt like I was about to cry.

"Craig, where did those cuts and bruises come fr-". No sooner had I started talking he jerked up and i was being pushed into the bathroom in the locker room. I could tell that despite his rushing, he was still being gentle with me. He pinned me against the wall and looked down at me seriously, "Butters look at me now.".

My eyes traveled up his toned, scarred torso and I looked up into his eyes, shivering a bit. I had to admit he was pretty intimidating.

"You tell any adults or get any authority involved because of this," he gestured at his body, "I will never fucking forgive you you got me??". It was an empty threat. He would never hurt me and i knew it. Still, i couldn't stop shaking. It was a combination of the fact that he was scaring me and that I was scared for him. He softened, "Butters.. I'm sorry... Forgive me..".

I gulped and managed to get out, "I won't tell.. If you tell me where they came from..". I had to find out. I had to try to help.

Craig looked at me for a moment before removing his large hands from the wall on both sides of my head, "Okay.. Fine.. Promise me.".

"I promise Craig..".

"I'm choosing to trust you, Butters..", he said, his voice lowering to a growl, "Tell the police, you're dead..". I nodded slowly, even though in my heart the way he was building it up I probably would tell the police.