e

After Younghoon's grandmother had left, both him and Chanhee awkwardly entered their hotel room.

They were alone in the room, and Chanhee was acting… uncharacteristically. Instead of watching youtube, browsing the internet, or playing games on his phone, he was lying on the bed and staring at the ceiling. His breathing wasn’t even enough for him to be asleep; it even got a little rough. Younghoon chewed his lip, thinking. Chanhee was acting so different all of a sudden. Was it even his business? He absently tugged at his hair, and made his decision.

Turning around to face Chanhee, he said his name in a questioning tone. Chanhee looked over, only moving his head.

“Yes?”

“What’s wrong?”

Chanhee sat up, and swayed dizzily. It was the first time that evening that Younghoon realized just how drunk Chanhee was, even though he had only had a few drinks. Younghoon himself had a high tolerance, so he himself was only a little bit tipsy.

Chanhee beckoned him over without words, tipping his head at the space next to him. Younghoon left his chair, crossing the room to sit on the bed.

Chanhee gave him a side glance before speaking.

“Can tell you something honestly?”

Younghoon’s pulse spiked.

“I haven’t- done something? Right?”

His tone was so shaky, and Chanhee’s chest ached. He squeezed Younghoon’s hand with his for a moment before setting it back on the bed.

“No, no! You’re fine.”

He relaxed, and Chanhee began to talk.

“There’s someone, that I’m- well- I like them. A lot. They're more than a friend to me.”

Younghoon's heart dropped. He didn't understand what he was feeling. Chanhee would never like him like that.

“Do I seem like someone who’s afraid?”

Younghoon and Chanhee looked at each other. Chanhee, as always, was struck by the soft humanity of his eyes. Younghoon silently shook his head, biting back I’m the one who’s afraid.

“I am afraid,” Chanhee said, and Younghoon's eyes widened before he continued with, "They're precious to me. What- what if I lose them?”

He stopped talking and stared at the floor. Younghoon searched for something comforting to say.

“This person- they have to return your feelings. How could they not?”

Chanhee smiled slightly.

“How could they? There are so many things I don’t like about myself, Younghoon, and I just- pretend.”

“Chanhee…” Younghoon fell silent, and dropped his gaze. Chanhee was stubborn. If he didn’t like himself, who could convince him out of it? No one. Probably. But- he was dying to know something.

“Who is it? Do I know them?”

Chanhee looked at him, full eye contact and everything, and there was such a strange emotion in his eyes. He was quiet for long enough to make Younghoon insecure.